01. Police Station

Legend has it that there's a wicked creature in the city that preys on the livers of human beings

Legend has it that there's a wicked creature in the city that preys on the livers of human beings. It pretends to be human and lures people with a mesmerizing face, but it's actually a fox that's hundreds of years old. They say the fox is a master swindler capable of seducing and attracting men or women.

In order to become a human, if you live a virtuous life for 100 years, you will grow 1 tail. If you live a life of enlightenment for 200 years, you will grow 2 tails. If you stay awakened for 300 years, you will grow 3 tails. Along with that, you will gain a red bead. From then on, you have 1000 years to turn that bead from red to blue by gathering human souls before you grow more than nine tails. Then you shall become human.

Having to live for years was definitely not what I wanted and being a gumiho was not in my plans or life desires. It is not fun at all to live a long-lasting life that makes you numb to everything. During these years, I dedicated and made a promise to myself to never fall in love when collecting human energy just so that I will be able to escape this miserable life quickly and finally be able to live the life that I should have from the very beginning.

The number of suitors I have had over the years and the time spent pretending to be in love was meaningless. Never once in my entire six hundred and seventy-five years of being alive have I ever fallen in love before as it's not worth falling in love because, at the end of the day, you'll be just collecting their energy just so that us gumiho can become human.

𓈒 𓆇 ˚🧚🏻‍♂️ ˳ .

"So, you're telling me that she hit the back of your head with her handbag?" The police officer questioned the men and pointed to Hye Sun. "While she kicked you in the stomach." The officer continued as he points at me.

"Yes. You can't let them get away with hurting an innocent person." The man says as he tries to defend himself.

"An innocent person?" Hye Sun questioned as she scowls at the men. "You stared at us like a pervert saying we must get a lot of guys. You even told us that we were sexy and said things to sexually harass us, and you claim you're innocent?" This caused most of the officers in front of us to stare at the men weirdly, while the perverted men just scoff as he could not believe that the officers actually believed us.

"When did I do that? And can you prove the way I stared at you two? Does it show in the surveillance footage? On the other hand, the CCTV caught the two of you hitting me. You know our legal system loves evidence, right?" The man says as he glared at us.

"What? Our legal system loves evidence?" I say while not sparing another look at the men.

"Yes, so brace yourself. You can beg all you want, but I won't drop charges. The least you can do is grab my pants and settle right now" The man says.