34. A Life Reimagined

"Ta-da!" Hye Sun says as both her and Mi Young entered Woo Yeo's office to congratulate him on soon becoming a human

"We've prepared this to celebrate after hearing you'll be a human soon," I tell him as I hold up my phone.

"Say goodbye to the long, tiring years you've lived as a gumiho, and I hope you become a human soon." Hye Sun sings.

"Wait, maybe we should grab a drink tonight to celebrate," I tell him, but he just kept quiet.

"Well, I guess it could be a bore to open the champagne too soon. Okay, on the day you become a human, I'll get 100 bottles of champagne for you." Hye Sun tells him but he looked away from us.

"What's wrong?" I ask him.

"What's with that face?" Hye Sun asks him also.

"Take a seat." Woo Yeo tells us seriously and that's when the two of them knew something was wrong.

"So everything was a sign of your dissipation. You couldn't use your magic, you lost your sixth sense, and your hand began to disappear." Hye Sun says.

"You still have a few months until your 1,000 years. So why already?" I ask him. "We have no time to sit here. Let's go meet the old man. If we can find out what's going on..."

"I've been looking for him. But he won't give me a response."

"What?" Hye Sun says. "I'm sure it's not a big deal. The old man is nasty but he's not the type who would break his deadline."

"She's right. So don't get scared, and focus on coloring the Marble blue. You can become a human before you vanished." I tell him but he looked down at his lap as a part of him knows that there's a high chance he'll vanish.

"But you know...will it be okay for you and her to live in the same house. If by any chance, she sees your disappearance, she'll be greatly shocked." Hye Sun tells him.

𓈒 𓆇 ˚🧚🏻‍♂️ ˳ .

"Hye Sun? Are you okay?" I asked her as I saw her drinking some wine.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Just thinking about some stuff." Hye Sun tells Mi Young as she stares at her Marble. Mi Young then pours herself a glass of wine, before sitting beside her. Just as they took a sip, Woo Yeo suddenly teleported into their house.

"My gosh. You startled me." I tell him as I saw him from the corner of my eye.

"Why did you suddenly come?" Hye Sun asks him.

"I suddenly wanted to grab a drink." He tells us before sitting down on the couch.

"Then come in through the door." Hye Sun tells him.