23. Memories pt 1: Blind Date

Takes place in 1885

Takes place in 1885

"How can I go on a date with such a horrible person's son?" Mi Joo whined as she lay on her bed.

"Just go on a date this one time and tell your dad that you don't feel any connection with him." Mi Young tells her.

"You don't get it. He's the son of Lee Jung Nam, of all people! He literally killed so many innocent people and tortured them every day." Mi Joo tells us.

"So what?" Hye Sun says. "Like Mi Young says. All you have to do is sit with him at a restaurant for a while and turn him down."

"Imagine the whole country sees me with his son. My reputation will be ruined and everyone will think that I am as cruel as them." She complains.

"What can you do? You have already run out of excuses to come up with." Mi Young tells her.

"Hmm...I know, how about you ask someone to take your place instead." Hye Sun suggests. Soon after hearing Hye Sun's idea, she started begging the two of us to go on a date with him. Hye Sun says that she's dating the general's son and if everyone knows about it so she can't bare to face anybody.

"Please unnie. I beg you, help me out this once." Mi Joo begs Mi Young.

"No, no, no way." Mi Young tells her as she knows that if she goes on this date, something horrible might happen.

"Please, unnie just help me out this one time." Mi Joo begs her.

"Ugh, fine." Mi Young tells her and Mi Joo jumped out of her bed and thanked her.

Both Hye Sun and Mi Young weren't poor to say, nor were they very rich. They lived a comfortable life as the guys that they mostly dated were rich men who just needed some company. Hye Sun would work at a jewelry shop, but during the night, she'll find her prey at the nightclub where Mi Young worked. Mi Young works at a 'nightclub' and she would sing for high-class customers to earn enough money to support both of them.

𓈒 𓆇 ˚🧚🏻‍♂️ ˳ .

Seon Woo nervously adjusted his collar as he stood outside the bustling café, waiting for his blind date to arrive. Even though he didn't want to go on the blind date, he knew that he had no choice but to go as his Dad will kill him if he chose to not go again.