25. Memories pt 3: Tortured

Today was Mi Joo and Seon Woo's engagement ceremony

Today was Mi Joo and Seon Woo's engagement ceremony. Both Mi Young and Hye Sun were invited by Mi Joo's dad as they knew each other since he was a small child and his family has kept their secret for many years. Even though Mi Young doesn't want to be selfish, she tried to be happy for Seon Woo and Mi Joo.

Soon the bride and groom had finally entered the ballroom and they were walking hand in hand together.

"Now the bride and groom will bow to the guests to show their gratitude." The announcer says. As we were dining, the bride and groom walked around the tables to greet and talked to the guests.

Mi Young and Hye Sun were sitting at the table eating while Mi Joo's dad and brother were talking to the guests.

"Hye Sun, I'm going to head home first. I'm not feeling well." I tell her and she nods. She knew Mi Young was lying as Hye Sun saw her not eating her food and staring at Seon Woo when he was not looking at her.

"Be careful." Hye Sun tells her.

As Mi Young was walking out of the area, she saw that Seon Woo was sitting outside. She then stopped in her tracks as she saw him smoking. When he noticed that Mi Young was watching him, he threw the cigar on the floor before stepping on it.

He then stood up and was about to walk away, but he couldn't. When he turned around to face her, he saw that she was wearing the hairpin that he got for her on their first date together.

"Are you okay?" He asks me.

"No," I tell him. "I'm not okay. I don't want you to get engaged." He then looked up to stop himself from crying while Mi Young started to tear up.

He slowly walked towards her and he suddenly grabbed her hand. Soon both of them run away from the ceremony together.

Little did they know, a couple of people had seen them together.

𓈒 𓆇 ˚🧚🏻‍♂️ ˳ .

"Gosh, you must've been tired after the engagement ceremony." Seon Woo's mother says. "You didn't have to."

'I didn't get to pay my respects before the ceremony and my father earnestly told me...to bring these gifts to you myself." Mi Joo says.

"What a precious gift." Seon Woo's dad says. "Please thank your father for me."

"I will." Mi Joo says.

'Is the food ready?" Seon Woo's dad asks his wife and she nods.

"Where's Min Woo?" He asks her.

"He went to help out at his school today." She tells him.

"Let's go eat then." He says before standing up along with his wife. Mi Joo then turned to face Seon Woo to confront him about what she had seen during their engagement ceremony, but she saw that his cheeks were red, it was as if someone had slapped him there. Seon Woo noticed that she was staring at his cheek, he then quickly stood up and walked to the dining area.