05. Strange

The next day, when I walked into the lecture room half of the seats were almost taken

The next day, when I walked into the lecture room half of the seats were almost taken. I quickly took a sit in the middle of the lecture room and got ready for class. Just as I sat down, I felt as though someone was watching me. So, when I turned to head to the back, I saw Seon Woo just staring at me while taking a sip of his coffee. I didn't know what to do, so I quickly turned in front and pretend that he wasn't there.

"I didn't know he was taking this class." I thought to myself. I tried my very best to pay attention to the class, but I could feel him staring at me for the entire lesson which made me feel quite uncomfortable. Once class had finally ended, I went to the vending machine to get a drink before my next lesson started.

"Hey Mi Young, do you have any cash?" Seon Woo asked me as he walks closer to me. "Can you buy me a drink?"

"Ermm....sure?" I say and put 1000 won into the vending machine.

"I'll pay you back 800 won." He says.

"Oh, it's okay, you can forget about it," I told him as I really did not want to have anything to do with him.

"By the way, why do you avoid me?" He asked me.

"What? When did I?" I asked him.

"Tsk, alright. Give me your handphone." He says.

"Why must I?" I asked him.

"What do you think?" He says.

"Well, why are you asking me that?" I questioned him.

"To see the time." He answers.

"Oh, the time. It's 3-" I say as I took out my phone to see the time, but he suddenly took my phone from me before typing his number.

"Here. Call me when you want a drink." He says before giving me back my phone.

"No," I told him. "Gosh, who does he think he is." I thought to myself.

"What?" He asked in a surprised tone.

"Why did you take my phone?" I say angrily.

"Are you mad at me?" He asked me in disbelief.

"Yes and I don't want your 800 won," I told him before walking away.

𓈒 𓆇 ˚🧚🏻‍♂️ ˳ .

I was in a pitch-dark room, there were no lights at all. As I walked around the pitch-dark room, for what felt like hours, I suddenly came across a door with lights shining through the bottom of it. When I opened the door to see what was inside, I saw the sun shining very brightly into my eyes, blocking my view when I opened the door. But once my eyes were adjusted, I found myself in a field surrounded by flowers and grass. When I turned behind, the door that I had come out from wasn't there anymore.

As I was walking further into the field of flowers, I heard someone calling out for my name but when I turned around, there was nobody around me. I brushed it off and stared at the flowers surrounding me. I soon felt somebody wrap their arms around my body and hugged me, "I miss you so much." The unknown person says and kisses my cheek before resting their head on my shoulder. When I turned around to see who it was, I had already woken up from my dream. When I looked around my surrounding and found myself in my room.

"Gosh my head hurts," I thought to myself. "Why does this memory seem so familiar, but I don't remember it happening at all. Aish, whatever." And with that, I fall back asleep.

𓈒 𓆇 ˚🧚🏻‍♂️ ˳ .

"What? The bead turned blue?" I shouted in the cafe. Both Woo Yeo and Hye Sun got a shocked of their life as they didn't realize that I had just arrived. I quickly sat down beside Hye Sun, "It turned blue when you tried to take it back, then it went back to its original color? How is that even possible?"

"How was it for the both of you." Woo Yeo asked in a calm manner as he ignored my question about the bead.

"For me, it turned blue right away." Hye Sun says confidently. "Then I instinctively knew that I was a human being from that moment on." As the sun started shining on her. Woo Yeo rolled his eyes and look out at the window while she smiles to herself. "So tell me. How do you feel? It was for a moment, but your bead turned blue for the first time. When it happened to me, it felt so add."

"I guess it did a bit. So...I hugged her." He says.

"Omgad. You hugged her!" I shouted again before clearing my throat. "You must have an idea of how to fully change the color of the bead," I asked him in a calm manner this time.

"I'll just have to see, how things turn out." He says.

"I finally get it." Hye Sun says which made me look at her with a confused look. "You're not the type to open up to a human being for no reason. You're about to turn 1,000 years old, and your bead just happened to fall inside her. It even turned blue even though it was short-lived. It's natural to think it's fate."

"Anyways, do your best to treat her as nicely as you can," I say as I drink my drink. "Because this might be your last chance." This caused Woo Yeo's eyes to open in shock for some reason.

"In my experience, humans emit the best kind of energy when they're happy. So I made a lot of effort to make people happy." Hye Sun says.

"How so?" Woo Yeo asked curiously.

"I dated them." She says casually. "What would make guys happier than dating me? Hey I know, since it's come to this, why don't you go out with her as I did?"

"Don't be absurd." Woo Yeo says.

"Nothing boosts endorphins more than being in love. Of course, I know very well that you hate pretending to be in love with a human. But this time, it's different. Just push your emotions aside and go out with her." I tell him.

"Stop talking...both of you," He says.

"You'll thank us both in the future," I told him and both Hye Sun and I left the cafe, leaving him to think about what we had just told him