22. Awkward

"Thank you for your time, sir

"Thank you for your time, sir." Seok Jung says and we all bowed to the old man.

"Thank you. We will take a look at the museum too." Lee Dam tells him.

"Good. Goodbye then." He tells us and we walked off.

Mi Young then walked off with Jae Jin and Hye Sun. Little did she know, Seon Woo was following her around like a lost puppy again. As Mi Young was walking down some stairs, she accidentally lost her balance and was about to fall down the stairs, but luckily for her, Seon Woo managed to grab her in time. But this caused the two of them to fall onto the ground instead.

"Are you okay?" Seon Woo asks Mi Young.

"T-thank you, Sunbae." Mi Young tells him and she quickly stands up and walked away from him.

"I feel like she's avoiding me even more after I kissed her." Seon Woo says to himself out loud. "Maybe she doesn't feel the same about me."

𓈒 𓆇 ˚🧚🏻‍♂️ ˳ .

It was at night and the 8 of us were sitting in the room, drinking alcohol. I sat between Hye Sun and Seon Woo. It was super awkward as both of our hands kept on accidentally bumping into each other.

"Thank you for coming today," l tell them.

"We really appreciate your participation." Lee Dam added on.

"Your participation should be appreciated the most. You just started seeing your boyfriend, and you had to give up a weekend date." Soo Kyung tells Lee Dam.

"What are you talking about?" She says embarrassedly.

"By the way, Sunghoon, Seon Woo I had no idea you'd come. The two of you never participate in things like this before." Jung Seok tells them as he pours them a drink.

"Well, I thought today might be the last chance for me," Sunghoon tells him before looking at Lee Dam. Soon, things got awkward and Jae Jin suggests playing a game.

"How about we play a game? Truth or dare?" Jae Jin suggests.

"We're not playing that." Lee Dam tells him.

"Come one. What else do we do?" He says. Let me fill up the glass. All right. Three, two, one." He spins the bottle and it landed at Soo Kyung.

"Oh well, I guess I have to disclose the veiled secrets of mine now. Ask me anything, please." Soo Kyung says awkwardly. But nobody says anything.

"Have you ever had a crush on one of us here?" Hye Sun asks Soo Kyung.

"Come on. That's ridiculous..." Jae Jin says.

"Yes." Soo Kyung answers quickly. "I have."

"You're not about to start a long story, are you?"Jae Jin asks her and this caused her to panic. I'm not interested. Let's move on." He then continues spinning the bottle. "Next." and the bottle landed on Lee Dam.

"All right, Dam." Soo Kyung says excitedly.

"Where did you first meet your boyfriend?" Sunghoon asks her and Lee Dam quickly started to drink.

"Where could you have possibly met him to drink it right away?" Soo Kyung questions Lee Dam.

"I don't know. Let's move on." Lee Dam says and she spun the bottle and it landed on Mi Young.

"Oh, it's Mi Young's turn." Soo Kyung says and was about to ask me something but Seon Woo beat her to it.

"If you had a choice, who would you date in this room." He asks me.

"Ermm...I would probably pick Jung Seok." I say and this made Seon Woo upset and he started to drink a glass of soju as he was hoping that Mi Young would say his name.

"It's Dam again." Soo Kyung says.

"Where do you like about your boyfriend?" Sunghoon asks her.

"I just like him. I like him so much that nothing can sway me away." She speaks. Soon things got awkward, and Jae Jin quickly change the topic. The game quickly ended as everyone didn't know what else to do.

I decided to walk outside of the building to take a walk around the neighborhood. Just as I was walking out, I saw Seon Woo sitting by the roadside. He was resting his hands on his head, and he looked like he was about to cry. I pitied him and decided to walk towards him to try and comfort him.

"Seon Woo, you should get inside and go to bed. You'll catch a cold if you sit out here." I tell him but he didn't answer me. Suddenly, he grabbed my hand which caught me off guard. He then looked up at me with so much sadness in his eyes.

"I like you. I want you to know that I really have feelings for you. I've never ever felt these types of feelings before for anyone but you. I know you don't like me back. But still...What should I do to make you look at me? Is it too late? Or have I never had a chance at all?" He tells me and just stares at me before looking away as he didn't want me to see him cry.

"I didn't know what to say to him. I do like him a lot and he's actually a nice guy, but that still doesn't change the fact that I haven't found my soulmate yet. I know that I shouldn't like him back, but I can't stop my feelings from growing." I thought to myself. "From the very first date that we had, I found myself feeling very shy and awkward around him. I have never felt anything like this before and every time he talks to me, it makes my heart flutter. No matter how much I try to push myself away from him, I keep on finding myself getting more attracted to him."

"Sunbae, it's not that I don't like you. Look you're a nice guy but I already have someone else in mind." I tell him and he looked up at me again.

"Then let me prove to you that I am better than him." He tells me.

"I'm sorry, I can't," I tell him sadly as my priority is finding my soulmate so that I can be fully human. He then put his hands on his head and started tearing up again. I sighed and I brought my hand to his head and patted his head, trying to comfort him. Just then, I saw something red on his pinky and when I got a clear view of it, there was the red string being tied to his hand.

"Wait how come I can see the red string on his hand." I thought to myself. I quickly took my hand off his head and I started to examine my hands. The red string had reappeared back onto my pinkie, and I saw that the other end of the string was tied to Seon Woo's pinky. "No way, Seon Woo is my soulmate."

I gasped in shock and soon my head started to hurt really badly. Suddenly all of my memories started to flood back, and I soon blacked out as the number of memories that came back into my head is too much for me to handle.