26. Memories pt 4: Heartbroken

Hye Sun stayed up all night waiting for Mi Young to come back home, but she didn't come home at all

Hye Sun stayed up all night waiting for Mi Young to come back home, but she didn't come home at all. She was worried about her and decided to ask Seon Woo and Mi Joo if they had seen her and both of them said no.

"Mi Young didn't come home last night." Hye Sun tells Seon Woo and Woo Yeo.

"What!" Seon Woo says worriedly.

"That's unlike her." Woo Yeo tells them. "Let's go look for her around the city." Seon Woo and Hye Sun nodded and the three of them went to search around the city. After searching everywhere around the city, she was nowhere to be found.

'Did you manage to find her?" Seon Woo asks Hye Sun and Woo Yeo and they shake their heads.

"Seon Woo, you should go back home and rest will find her again tomorrow." Hye Sun suggests and he shakes his head before running out of her house and trying to find Mi Young again.

As Seon Woo was running around town to find Mi Young, he overheard Woo Yeo and Hye Sun talking about how Mi Young might have actually gotten kidnapped. He soon started to piece things together and realized that his stepfather might have something to do with Mi Young's disappearances. All he could do was pray that she was all right.

He ran to the torture room where they would usually interrogate criminals, but when he got there, he saw 5 guards lying down on the floor with blood coming out of their bodies and there was no sign of Mi Young at all. He quickly ran out of the building and headed into the forest to find her as the forest is a great place to hide from people, especially when it's dark.

𓈒 𓆇 ˚🧚🏻‍♂️ ˳ .

Mi Young used all the energy that she had left to run away from the soldiers who were chasing her. All she could think of was that she needed to get away from this town as far as possible. She couldn't use her powers to teleport herself as she had been abused and tortured for the last few hours.

When she was being tortured, Seon Woo's dad found out that she was a gumiho as when he was torturing Mi Young, he saw that her cuts and bruises healed very fast and her body showed no sign of markings after a few minutes.

As Mi Young was running, she could hear the soldiers shouting from a distance. "Let's find that gumiho and kill it!"

She then ran through a narrow, winding earth track that disappeared into the thick black trees and she decided to hide behind the biggest tree. She knew the sign was cleared when she didn't hear any voices or footsteps. Some of her wounds had not recovered as she was stabbed multiple times, so she was still bleeding and in a lot of pain.

Once she manages to catch her breath and was about to run further away, somebody suddenly covered her mouth and this caused her to nearly scream, "Shh...keep quiet or they'll hear you." A man whispered into Mi Young's ear. When she turned around to see who it was, she was thankful that it was Seon Woo.