21. Red string

I had overslept today as the night before, I was researching the red string

I had overslept today as the night before, I was researching the red string. When I walked into the classroom, all the seats were taken, so I decided to sit at the back instead. As I sat down, Seon Woo out of nowhere sat down beside me.

"I'll sit here. This is the only seat left." He tells me.

"Okay," I tell him awkwardly "How is he acting like everything is fine He literally kissed me yesterday." I thought to myself and then looked at my hand to see if the red string was there as I wanted to see if it was Seon Woo who is my soulmate due to the fact that the string appeared right after he kissed me. But when I looked at my right hand, the string was nowhere to be seen. "That's weird? Maybe he's not my soulmate. But, that doesn't explain the fact that I could only see the string after I kissed him." I thought to myself as things were not adding up right.

As I was in deep thought, Seon Woo suddenly touched my hair and I looked at him weirdly. He realized what he did and apologized. "Sorry, there was a piece of thread in your hair."

"Seon Woo, please refrain from touching at all causes unless it's a life and death situation. I don't want people to get the wrong idea." I tell him and continued paying attention to the lecture.

After the lecture had ended, the red string suddenly reappeared on my pinky again. I started panicking and I tried pulling it but it wasn't budging at all. I then walked down the stairs hurriedly, but I wasn't looking where I was going, so I accidentally missed a step and fell down a flight of stairs. Suddenly, everything turned black and white, and time had stopped.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you," Sansin tells me.

"Why," I say. "I hate that I am tied to this string. Can't you help me out here and just break me away from the string of fate."

"No, I cannot. You cannot change your fate. I know you started developing feelings for a certain boy. Trust me this time. Do not cut or pull the string no matter what. When the string appears again, I suggest you follow the string until it reaches your soulmate." He tells me.

"So what happens if I find out about my soulmate? Do I suddenly become a human?" I questioned him.

"When you find your soulmate, both of your memories will be recovered. Once your memories are recovered the two of you will be together once again. But you becoming human will still take some time as once the two of you recover your memories, the two of you will feel confused at first, but don't worry about it. Once you two proclaim your love to one another and realized your true feelings for each other, then you will finally become human." He says.

"So will I feel any difference to knowing that I am fully human?" I ask him.

"You'll know how it feels once that is done." He says and with that, he disappeared and time started moving again.

𓈒 𓆇 ˚🧚🏻‍♂️ ˳ .

"What? He gave her a dream?" Hye Sun asked surprised. "Why did he show her something that isn't true by using her dream?"

"How much did you see?" I ask him as he looked pissed when Hye Sun mentioned Lee Dam's dream. "Were they hugging each other? Or did they kiss?"

"Their ordinary day looked nice. They were like a young couple as they should be, enjoying their time in peace without any worries. That's something I can't give her." He tells us.

"Whatever. Why do you care about some dumb dream?" Hye Sun says.

"Right? Why does it bother me so much?" Woo Yeo says with a sad look on his face. "I might have been envious of living such an ordinary life."

"How much time do you have left until your 1,000 years are over?" I ask him worriedly.

"I'm not sure. It'll be over soon, I guess." He tells us.

𓈒 𓆇 ˚🧚🏻‍♂️ ˳ .

"I have an announcement before we begin the lecture. We need more members in the history club I oversee." Woo Yeo says.

"Me! I'll do it." Soo Kyung shouted which gave me a fright. "I'm busy studying for my classes and for my teacher certification. But I wish to add my little effort for your sake, sir."

"I'm in too." Jung Seok says which caused Soo Kyung to glare at him.

"Anyone else?" Woo Yeo asks.

"Me too." Sunghoon and Seon Woo say at the same time.

"Uh oh, looks like we are in trouble," I whispered to Lee Dam.

"Alright then. Then it's Choi Soo Kyung, Jung Seok, Gye Seon Woo, and Cho Sunghoon. On top of that, Yang Hye Sun too." Woo Yeo says.

After the lesson, I followed an angry Hye Sun to Woo Yeo's office.

"Why do I have to join it?" Hye Sun yells at him.

"I already told them you applied before." He tells her calmly.

"So why did you make up that lie? Stop pulling a prank." She tells him angrily.

"It's not a prank. I'm asking you for a favor." He tells her. "Please keep an eye out on her."

"If you're that worried, go there yourself. Aren't you her advisor?" She says.

"It'll make her feel overwhelmed. If you don't want to do it alone, you can bring him too." Woo Yeo tells her.

"What?" Hye Sun questioned Woo Yeo. "What now! We're only dating because of our grades."

"I didn't say anything." Woo Yeo tells her.

"You did. You said it in your head." She argues back. "What do you want." Hye Sun then storms out of his office while I followed her and tried to calm her down. As we walked out of Woo Yeo's office, Hye Sun was talking to herself and I saw Jae Jin running toward us. I excused myself and walked away so the two of them can talk about whatever they wanted to talk about in private.