11. Nightmare

The moon was bright, but the clouds scudding across that it kept throwing me into darkness

The moon was bright, but the clouds scudding across that it kept throwing me into darkness. I used whatever strength I have left to run away from the people who were chasing me. I couldn't see where I was, all I know is that I had to get away from this town as far as I as possible, just so that I wouldn't get caught. I couldn't use my powers to teleport myself away as I was being tortured and abused for the past few days. As I was running into the forest, I could hear people shouting from a distance behind me. "Let's find that gumiho and kill it!"

I ran through a narrow, winding earth track that disappeared into the thick black trees. I manage to outrun the people who were chasing me as I couldn't hear their voices or see their light anymore. I began breathing heavily as my chest struggled to move up and down as I ran. I quickly hid behind a huge rock and heave a sigh of relief. I was badly injured as I was being totured in a dungeon, but I had enough strength left to teleport myself out of the dungeon. I couldn't remember how I got into this mess, it all happened so fast.

Just as I was about to run further away, somebody suddenly covered my mouth and I nearly screamed, "Shhh...keep quiet or they'll hear you." A man whispered. When I turned to see who was the men, his face was blurry and I couldn't make out his face no matter how hard I tried. "Are you okay? Gosh, you're hurt." He asks me as he looks at my body to see my injuries. He then kissed my head softly. "I promise you, we'll get out of this together."

The next thing I knew, the two of us were running together. He held onto my hand and we started running for our lives. Suddenly I heard a bullet being fired and that was when I suddenly woke up screaming at the top of my lungs as it really felt like I had lived through that moment and it didn't feel like a dream at all.

Hye Sun quickly ran into my room and looked very concerned when she saw me shaking and sweating profusely. "Mi Young, are you alright?" Hye Sun asks her. "Don't worry it's just a bad dream, there's nothing to be scared of. It's not real." She tries to calm me down but that didn't stop me from shaking.

Once Mi Young had calmed down, Hye Sun tucked her back into bed and was about to leave her room, but Mi Young tugged onto Hye Sun's sleeve. "Please stay with me." Mi Young tells Hye Sun as she was scared that she'll have that scary nightmare again.

The next day when Mi Young woke up, Hye Sun was nowhere to be found. Once Mi Young got out of her room, she saw Hye Sun drinking coffee in the living room. Hye Sun noticed that Mi Young was awake, "Morning." She says while Mi Young just nodded. "How are you feeling?"

"I'm fine." Mi Young tells her.

"By the way, what was your dream about." Hye Sun asks me.

"You know how normally I wouldn't get any nightmares." Mi Young tells her and Hye Sun nods. "Well, I'm not too sure what the dream is about, but all I know is that I was running away from some people who want to kill me 'cause they found out that I was a gumiho. I manage to outrun them in the forest and I hid behind a rock. But suddenly someone covered my mouth which made me panic and then we started running together. I felt safe around him but I couldn't make out his face and the next thing I know, an arrow came at me and that's when the dream ends."