The Thirteen Darknesses, Part 5: Diamond and Pearl

Dnalhsa Park

"Everyone, I hereby call this meeting of Sector Leaders to order!" Ynohtna announced to the operatives gathered around the park fountain, which the bucktoothed boy was standing on. The participants included Arorua, Ydolem, and Asia. "Because of Egroeg and AlyakAm's recent treachery, Cousin Nerehc has decreed that Sector -IC needs a new leader. And we have all decided that Numbuh -6:00m.a., Ikuyim Latsyrc, is most appropriate for the job!" There was little applause as Ikuyim came to stand by Ynohtna.

"Thank you, Ynohtna!" Ikuyim proclaimed happily. "I promise to do my absolute best to help my sector recover. Honestly, even Yrret is having a hard time being good again, but Egroeg and Alyak, too?? It really tears at my heartstrings!"

"Why are we having this meeting outside?!" Sector -JP leader, Nirak whined, flailing her arms. "My shoes are getting all dirty, and there's so many bugs!"

"I think a gathering of friends in fresh air livens our spirits and boosts our creativity!" Ynohtna cheered.

"The air might be more breathable than it used to," Asia replied, "but it's still smelly enough to derive us from focus." She sprayed some freshener.

"Maybe, but we're steadily getting there. Look at this fountain, for instance!" The Nega-Sector W leader turned to look in the water. "It's so clean now, we can see our reflections! And look how shiny it is. ..." The fountain began to glow. "Eh?"

"WAAAAH!" Five figures came flying out of the fountain, plopping on the ground before the leaders. Ikuyim approached and studied the group of 7-year-olds.

"Huh? Ynohtna, it's your Positive!" Ikuyim pointed at the barefoot boy who looked like him.

"YOOOO!" Another person flew out of the fountain and landed on his face in the grass. His lower half was propped up before falling down, then he jumped to his feet. "Yo, yo!" Killer Bee, the ninja rapstar, rapped. "I was travelin' on a stormy island when I saw these kids, they beat the snot out of some god with this, supah-dupah thundered-up angel, then the Goddess o' Light sent us to this world with a opposite angle, fools, ya fools!"

"Owww... where are we..." Anthony moaned as they helped their selves up.

"'Tis the Negaverse, fair enough." Fybi observed. "The air is noxious."

"You said it, Cous." Asia remarked.

"Anthony!" Ynohtna jumped down to hug him from behind. "Nice to see you again! I missed you so."

"I didn't miss you, Shoe Boy." Anthony broke away from him. "The only reason we're here is 'cause Palutena sent us."

"We were under attack by one of the World Leaders from our world." Aranea explained. "Palutena thought we would be safe in Ynohtna's care."

"Awwwwe." The Negative boy cooed. "That's so sweet of Palutena."

"Yeah, but we don't like it." Anthony stated. "On the bright side, it feels nice to be on solid ground again." He brushed his foot along the pavement.

"Hey, are you an earthbender?" Ikuyim asked.

"Yeah, so what?"

"That's funny! I'm an earthbender, too!" She pointed at her bare feet.

"Oh. Well, you're already cooler than your Positive."

"Anthony, maybe Ikuyim can teach you some new things." Sally smiled intuitively. "You were in the middle of training before we had to help Fybi."

"Shyeah, but Tom was a lavabender." Anthony folded his arms in a haughty fashion. "I bet Ikuyim doesn't do anything close to that."

"Well, my sister is a lavabender," Ikuyim laughed, "but I doubt she would be a good teacher. But Anthony, have you ever heard of Nature Crystals?"