The Positiveless Negative

I hate exams...

Chapter -8: The Positiveless Negative

Land of Gases; Exposed Twig Village

"AAAAAHHH!" The spiraling, blinding yellow that became Ininap's vision morphed into an indigo sky in a flash, and she collided with the ground. Already she found herself surrounded by buildings, keeping the city alit by their lights, Japanese signs on them, and passerby staring at her with confusion. "Eh, he he, he..." Having these many stare at her already made her uncomfortable.

A fast whoosh sound came behind her as someone appeared on the pavement, "You're not from around here. Identify yourself."

Ininap turned to the woman with terror. She looked very strict with serious; oddly pale white eyes, and wore a night-blue jumpsuit under a green vest. She had onyx-blue long hair and wore a headband with a swirly leaf symbol. "Uhhhh, I-I, Ay'm sort of, eh, from far away.."

"I told you to identify yourself!"

"I-I-I-Ininap Yksvolird, o-of Dnalevelc, Ainigriv, Ay..."

"Is that another village? Were you sent here on a mission??"

"N-No! Ay mean yes, Ay mean... nnnnn, Ay just wanna find Nerehc!" She balled up and shuddered fearfully.

The woman stared at her fixedly. "...Well, you don't seem to have any Chakra flow. Still, before I can let you walk around freely, I should take you in for question-" But unfortunately, an explosion went off a few buildings away to distract her.

"HNNAAAA HA HAAAAA!" laughed a dark-haired girl with evil black eyes and disheveled hair. "Hey Lady Atanih! Where's your 'sight beyond sight', huh??"

"Grrrr! Adaras, get down here right now!!"

"BITE ME, No-Nads!!" The girl flew across the town as Atanih began chase.

Ininap believed the woman had forgotten her just then, so she took this time to run away before Atanih came back. "Hnn! Hnnhnn! Hnn!" She heard some snickering behind a dark alley. "All right, Adaras got their attention!" snickered a black-haired boy with a spiky hairbun. "Quick, Nijoni, let's slip this itching powder in the restaurant before they-"

"Em, hello?" greeted Ininap.

"AAAAH!" Both boys screamed. "Crud, we've been spotted, Iadakihs!" Nijoni exclaimed.

"Wait, who is this twerp?? I haven't seen her around!"

"Um, I am uh, Ininap, and I came here to find my friend, Nerehc. You haven't um, seen him anywhere, have you?" She seemed to scratch several 'itchy' areas as she spoke.

"Nerehc?" Nijoni questioned. "What's he look like?"

"Um, sunglasses, brown hair, a-a red jacket, black shirt, um..."

"Well, no one else fell out of the sky if that's whatchu mean." Iadakihs said.

"Oh." Ininap looked down sadly. "W-Well, would ya help me find him?"

"Ehh, depends, ehhhh... what's he like?"

"Well- um, h-he gets in a lot o' trouble, a-and bugs people a lot; you shoulda seen what 'e did to this one city-"

"Say no more, we're in! Right, Nijoni?"

"Heck yeah! Let's get Adaras in on this, too!"

"Great! ...After we finish our prank."

"Be back in a bit." So the duo leapt out of the alley, and Ininap watched as they crept into a restaurant window. ..."Aaaaaaahhhhh!" Colorful powder exploded inside, and several goers were running out scratching.