The Thirteen Darknesses, Part 9: When Fate is Decided

Portal Chamber

Medusa approached the scanner and presented a Keyblade with a light-blue bar and a clock design for teeth, composed of intricate designs. The Multiverse Portal targeted a dimension marked with a Heartless emblem. "Destination set for: 'Kingdom Hearts.'"

Nerehc played the Ocarina of Time, and Fi instructed the instrument to warp back 55 years. Medusa stared at the spinning blue portal before turning to her chosen candidate. "You remember why I brought you, correct?"

"Yeah." Kimaya Heartly answered, still wearing her cowgirl uniform. "You said you would tell me about this Seven Lights stuff and why I got these keys. You said the 'other Keeper of Keys' was in that portal?"

"Yes, Kimaya. One of the Thirteen Darknesses, Master Xehanort resides in that dimension. Based on his information, Kingdom Hearts is the center of a Dimensional Fusion just like ours. His role in the prophecy is similar to yours, I presume. It's only fitting you two should learn it together."

"A'ight, then. This portal better not stretch me all funny." Kimaya hopped on her skateboard and surfed through the Dimensional Byway.

"After she finds the Darkness, we don't need this portal, anymore?" Nerehc asked for clarification.

"That's right. Granted, it would be fun to explore the Multiverse, but... I have more important matters." Medusa answered. "We still have one more Darkness to awaken after this."

"But counting Xehanort, we only awakened 10 Darknesses. Were some of them already awakened?"

"Yes, two of them were, and I didn't need to interfere. However, there's another dilemma at hand: rescuing the Darknesses from Underworld Prison. I only succeeded in rescuing Teach... saving the others will require special help. We need the Firstborn."

Sometime later...

Kimaya skated out of the portal and skid to a halt, picking her board up. "Did you find him?" Nerehc asked her.

"Yeah, I found Xehanort. BOTH Xehanorts!" Kimaya exclaimed. "There was a young one and an old one who... kinda looked and sounded like Spock from Star Trek."

"Well, did either of them find the pyramid?"

"Yeah, the young Xehanort had a key ring, so I guess he read it. ...Where'd that snake lady go?"

"Medusa already left. She trusted you would find Xehanort and said once you did, we didn't need this portal anymore."

"When I was in there, I also met the guy who created this portal. He said we need to destroy it or..." The chamber began trembling. "You feel that?"

"Is it an earthquake?" Nerehc asked himself. "The portal creates a lot of gravity anomalies in this town. Maybe it's—AAAAHH!" A blinding pink light swallowed the chamber, the silhouettes of their bodies waving. When it vanished, Nerehc and Kimaya waited for their vision to return. The room had grown darker, so Nerehc held two violet flames in his hands. "W...What?"

Dipper and Mabel reentered the chamber from the secret passage, the former holding a flashlight. "Nerehc, we saw a bright light. Is everything—WHAT HAPPENED TO THE PORTAL?!"

"How should I know?!" Nerehc exclaimed. Almost every piece of equipment in the cave had vanished, including the Master Emerald, the Tesseract, and the triangular portal burning with energy. "Fi, did you see what happened?"

"Hilariously-Confused Nerehc, I am unable to determine a source for the anomaly that has occurred. However, I took measures to recover the Ocarina of Time when the quakes began." Fi took the ocarina out of her cape and returned it to Nerehc.