1

CHAPTER 1

Xiao Yuan opened his eyes and the first thing he asked before he was fully awake was, “How many days are left?”

An indifferent familiar voice sounded in his mind: “The remaining time limit of the mission: one hundred days.”

“Hundred days…?” Xiao Yuan’s eyes lost their focus for a moment, then he sat up abruptly, “There are only a hundred days left?!”

“Yes.”

Xiao Yuan was quite excited: “This is a happy matter!”

Ever since he remembered, this voice had been living in his mind, popping up from time to time, and no one else could hear it, only he could. Because of the existence of this voice, Xiao Yuan had to do something he didn’t want to do and please some people he didn’t want to please. He didn’t know what this voice was. Since every time he heard it he all but had an urge to kick someone, he gave it a name, calling it – [All Have].

As long as Xiao Yuan remembered, he had been bound by [All Have] for many years. [All Have] once told him that when the time came, it would disappear, and Xiao Yuan would have a completely free life. Now there were only a trifling matter of hundred days left before the ‘ripe time’.

Xiao Yuan paced back and forth in his room joyfully. The hibiscus screen in the room was warm, gorgeous and soft, like a boudoir of an unmarried girl. Xiao Yuan had been locked up here for a month. In the past month, except for the maid who came to deliver meals every day, he had never seen anyone else. He was a little lonely but he also felt relieved. If the remaining hundred days could be spent in such a peaceful manner, it would be another happy matter.

Xiao Yuan looked at the courtyard through the decorative carved patterned window. The maid who delivered the meals should almost be here.

It didn’t take long for the door to rattle softly, and the maid walked in with a seven-leveled food box.

Xiao Yuan and the maid looked at each other, both of them taken aback.

Xiao Yuan said, “You’ve changed people?” It was not this girl who delivered him food before.

The maid lowered her head in a panic, not daring to look Xiao Yuan directly in the eyes, and whispered, “Yes, yes.”

Xiao Yuan asked, “Where is the girl that was here before?”

“She, she made a mistake and was punished.”

Xiao Yuan frowned, “What mistake did she make?”

The maid kept silent, put the food boxes on the table and set them one by one, “Master Xiao, please eat slowly.”

Xiao Yuan glanced at the food; they were all the dishes he liked. The portions were not big but exquisite and compact. Although he was locked up, he had never suffered grievances in eating.

Xiao Yuan sat down at the table. The maid stood aside and did not move for a long time. Xiao Yuan poured himself a glass of wine and casually said, “Are you new here? What’s your name?”

The maid said cautiously: “Le’er.”

Xiao Yuan was not a taciturn man. Now that he was in a good mood, he was talking more: “Then do you know who I am?”

The maid shook her head: “Le’er doesn’t know.”

“Guess.”

The maid boldly glanced at Xiao Yuan, “Master Xiao is… the Lord’s person.”

Xiao Yuan was accustomed to similar speculations, “Tell me, why do you think I am a male pet? Because of my face?”

The maid’s cheeks flushed red as she said, “Master Xiao is the best-looking person Le’er has ever seen in Xingtian Sect.” (Xingtian, headless giant hero of Chinese mythology fighting against the Supreme Divinity)