35

“That, that man who gave me the memories and the jade was wearing a hood and a mask, I… I don’t know what he looks like.” Xiao Rong said defeatedly, “I did what he said and came to Xingtian Sect, and then…”

Xiao Rong didn’t have the strength to go on, and Xiao Du didn’t need him to go on. He knew very clearly what happened after.

Xiao Du still remembered his mood at that time. After discovering that Xiao Yuan was not the younger brother he was looking for, he was angry because he was fooled, but he also felt lucky. He was glad that Xiao Rong came just in time, he was glad that he hadn’t reached the point of no return yet.

He was obsessed with Xiao Yuan. He liked to see Xiao Yuan’s face brighten up with surprise. He wanted to hold the most beautiful things in the world in front of him in exchange for a sincere smile.

But so what, he cared for his younger brother, not for Xiao Yuan. As long as that person was his younger brother, he would also hold him as a treasure in the palm of his hand.

As for Xiao Yuan… it was a pity, but those who dared to fool him could only go to the Yellow Springs (underworld).

Xiao Yuan had a peerless face, but he had a character of a boy next door and never showed his weak side in front of anyone. Xiao Du looked at him occasionally and couldn’t help but imagine whether he would cry if he bullied him severely or whether he would be coquettish with him like when he was a child. But he just thought about it; he was unwilling to do it.

Now, he was willing.

There was also a kind of enjoyment in watching a beauty turn into a withered flower, so Xiao Du decided to do it himself. He wondered if Xiao Yuan would be like other fragile and delicate beauties, with a half-smile in his eyes, a weak willow passing away with the wind when approaching the road to the Yellow Springs. He wanted Xiao Yuan to die in his arms. He wanted to watch the light in his eyes gradually fade and feel the warm, soft jade become cold and bone chilling little by little.

For Xiao Du, taking a human life was the same as killing an ant. He thought that he could make a move on Xiao Yuan without hesitation. He thought that in his heart Xiao Yuan was like everyone else. He kept thinking so until he saw Xiao Yuan’s table of dishes he had made for him with his own hands.

That day was his birthday, and Xiao Yuan was wearing his favorite red, so beautiful that it was breathtaking.

“Gege, I offer a cup to you. May your cultivation improve every day and your looks become more handsome every year.” Xiao Yuan said to him with a smile, his face as beautiful as a spring. He had no idea what was about to happen.

Xiao Du suddenly changed his mind. Xiao Yuan couldn’t die because… He couldn’t think of a reason for a while, but he was pretty sure that he couldn’t kill Xiao Yuan.

He ordered someone to bring Xiao Rong. Xiao Rong gave a complete account of his childhood memories and also took out the token of the Xiao family. Throughout the process, he kept looking at Xiao Yuan.

The young man’s face was quite unsightly. Was he suffering because he’d lost his gege?

Xiao Du asked, “Do you have anything to say?”

If Xiao Yuan cried and begged him, he probably would allow Xiao Yuan to stay by his side. Such a great beauty, if he was not his younger brother, he could just as well be a plaything to relieve his boredom.