2

CHAPTER 2

Yunjian Pavilion was a family of sword cultivators with a history of thousands of years. It was now the number one sect in the world and stood out from the crowd. Except for Xingtian Sect, other families and sects all bowed down to it. Xingtian Sect was called a demonic sect by the world because its way of cultivation was a deceitful one and the people under it were all evil cultivators. Since ancient times, good and evil have been inseparable. Yunjian Pavilion and Xingtian Sect regarded each other as their number one enemy and had been fighting each other for hundreds of years. From their first inability to determine victory or defeat to the present, Xingtian Sect had been frequently suppressed, so Xiao Du naturally had to find another way.

Xiao Yuan had heard a little before about Gu Louyin, the young master of Yunjian Pavilion. He was said to be [the proud son of Heaven, with extraordinary appearance, bright as the moon, and with a talent for eloquence]. It was good for Xiao Du to have this idea, but even if he wanted Xiao Yuan to seduce Gu Louyin, what if Gu Louyin did not lose his mind?

Xiao Yuan tried to reason with Xiao Du: “My Lord, who is Gu Louyin and who am I? I am just a casual cultivator, with what could I seduce him?”

Xiao Du: “With your face.”

Xiao Yuan choked.

Meng Chi pursed her lips, smiled and said, “Gu Louyin is a man. Since he is a man, it’s hard to resist a beauty. He might not look up to ordinary beauties, but he will definitely give you another glance or two.”

Xiao Yuan said quietly: “I’m afraid just a few more glances won’t be enough. My Lord, Elder Meng, you don’t really think that Gu Louyin will marry a pretty but worthless good-for-nothing, right?”

Xiao Du smiled, “You don’t have to say that about yourself.”

“Even if he is willing, will Yunjian Pavilion be willing, and will the pavilion master of Yunjian Pavilion be willing? The little lady of the man with the best sword skills in the world, not mentioning her appearance, should at least be from a prestigious sect.”

Although Xiao Yuan’s Shizun was a powerful figure, he had no sect. Having some friendships with both the good and the evil, he was, to put it bluntly, an unrestricted casual cultivator. Raised by his Shizun, Xiao Yuan was naturally also a casual cultivator.

“Indeed,“ Xiao Du said, “Just your face is not enough for Gu Louyin to marry you.”

Xiao Yuan took the opportunity to say, “My Lord is very wise, I am afraid,  this heavy responsibility…”

Xiao Du interrupted him: “Ah Yu, what do you think are the two words that people who claim to be on the right path value most.”

Xiao Yuan thought for a while, “Cultivation base?”

Xiao Du sneered: “Moral integrity.”

Xiao Yuan didn’t quite understand what Xiao Du meant and Meng Chi explained: “The Lord’s meaning is that you need to make Gu Louyin have to marry you for the sake of moral integrity.”

Xiao Yuan: “Can you speak a little more clearly?”

“This is very easy to do,” Meng Chi said with a smile, “just have the raw rice turn into cooked rice.”

Xiao Yuan’s face darkened. Are you kidding me? He had lived for seventeen years and hadn’t even held a girl’s hand, yet they wanted him to cook rice with a man he had never met before?

“I refuse.”

Meng Chi said: “I met Gu Louyin once last year. He is really an immortal-like young master. In terms of appearance and cultivation, he is someone superior. If you can really become his Dao companion, it will be a blessing for you.”