32

Xiao Yuan was stunned and deep in thought when he heard Xiao Du ask him, “Does Young Sect Master Shen know this Liang Ci?”

Xiao Yuan thought, I was going to ask you if you knew him, don’t think I didn’t see the look on your face just now. “I don’t know. But the dead deserve respect, so let’s put the coffin back in place and fill in the grave.”

Xiao Du said, “Leave it to me here, you can accompany your shimei.”

Xiao Yuan hesitated for a moment, couldn’t find a reason to refuse and said, “Okay.”

Xiao Du looked down at the remains in the coffin; his index finger hooked a little, and a bone of the corpse’s index finger flew up from below. Xiao Du firmly grasped it in his hand.

Xiao Yuan carried Cai Xunnian back to Xiyuan Garden. Cai Xunnian was still unconscious and Chang Lan checked her carefully to make sure she had no wounds, only a few scratches on her palms.

“When we found her, her hands were dirty and her fingertips were covered with dust. We think she had dug the tomb.“ Chang Lan couldn’t understand it, “But why did she do this?”

Xiao Yuan kept thinking about the words on the tombstone and asked, “Baihua Palace only accepts female disciples. How can there be a man’s grave in the Burial Garden?”

Chang Lan said, “When I was eight years old, I joined Baihua Palace. At that time, this tomb was already in the Burial Garden. There are thousands of tombs in the Burial Garden, and there is only one tomb of a man, which is the ‘Tomb of Liang Ci’.”

“So who was this Liang Ci? Who was his wife surnamed Zhong?”

Chang Lan shook her head and said, “”I had also asked my master out of curiosity, but not only did she avoid answering, she also told me not to mention the matter again.”

Xiao Yuan was deep in thought. To make the entire Baihua Palace silent, this couple was obviously not simple. Perhaps when Cai Xunnian woke up, he would be able to get some useful information from her.

Xiao Yuan was guarding Cai Xunnian in her room. It didn’t take long for Cai Xunnian to wake up. Even before her eyes were fully opened, the first thing she did was to call out “Shixiong”.

Xiao Yuan sat at the bedside and as soon as he said the word “Cai”, Cai Xunnian plunged into his arms. “Shixiong, I missed you so much, Shixiong…”

Xiao Yuan hurriedly raised his hands to demonstrate his innocence. The only time he had ever held a girl’s waist in his life was when he’d participated in a play in the entertainment district. With Cai Xunnian hugging him like this, he was afraid Shen Fugui would kill him. “Miss Cai, please listen to me…”

Cai Xunnian raised his head abruptly and stared at him, “What did you call me?”

“Miss Cai?”

“You used to call me little shimei and now you call me Miss Cai – you’ve really changed your mind, you pig’s trotter!” Cai Xunnian raised her hand angrily, trying to slap him, but unexpectedly her wrist was caught. She struggled and said, “Let go!”

Xiao Yuan didn’t know whether to laugh or to cry. In order to avoid being beaten, he cast a body-binding spell on Cai Xunnian and said, “Calm down, I am not your Shixiong.”