31

Gu Louyin turned his head very slowly, looked at Xiao Yuan and calmly said, “Impossible.”

Xiao Yuan also looked back at Gu Louyin. He knew that Gu Louyin was not as calm as he was appearing – he was panicking.

“Shidi, how long do you have to deceive yourself?” Lin Wulian’s eyes were shrouded in mist, and he said expressionlessly, “Xiao Yuan has been dead for a long time. He died two years ago. He jumped off the cliff on Dongguan Mountain and fell into the water. His body floated down the river to an unknown village. The villagers salvaged his corpse, and when they saw such a beautiful person dead, they couldn’t bear it and set up a lonely grave for him in the wilderness.”

Gu Louyin took a breath and said, “How can you be sure it’s him?”

He spoke very slowly; he was afraid of getting the answer to this question but he had to ask, even if the answer might drag him down into the abyss that he could never escape.

Less than half an hour ago, he identified An Mu as Xiao Yuan. He thought he had reunited with his beloved and recovered his loss. To be told now that it was just a coincidence, just his excessive imagination caused by longing and guilt, was ten times more cruel, a hundred times more cruel than letting him directly face Xiao Yuan’s death two years ago.

It had cost him half of his life to bear the loss. What would it cost him to recover the loss and lose again?

Lin Wulian smiled sadly, “I saw him.”

Gu Louyin’s eyes widened.

“When he died, he didn’t have spiritual energy to protect his body. He was no different from ordinary people. He was buried in the wilderness for two years and there is only…” Lin Wulian paused and continued: “He was still wearing the wedding dress of that day and he still had… this by his side.”

Lin Wulian took out a piece of crystal clear warm jade from his sleeve. There was a word “jade” engraved on the jade. Gu Louyin recognized his own handwriting.

Gu Louyin took the warm jade and lowered his eyes. He did not speak and there was no expression on his face.

“The wedding dress was very well preserved. I put it away and stored it in Yunjian Pavilion with his remains.” Lin Wulian said, “If you want to see him, just go back.”

Gu Louyin slowly closed his palm, incredibly stubborn: “That’s not him.”

From the moment Lin Wulian mentioned the word “corpse”, Mu Yingyang was forced to endure it, and he couldn’t bear it anymore. He was in pain; the pain was severe and twisted, it started from his heart and eroded him little by little.

Wedding dress, was it that wedding dress… He had seen Shixiong wearing a wedding dress. At that time, Shixiong was weak and suffering but still so good-looking that his heart was about to melt. When he knew that Shixiong was going to marry Gu Louyin in this wedding dress, he was furious – how could his Shixiong get married, how could he marry someone else!? He said ruthless words he regretted for the rest of his life, and then Shixiong left, wearing his wedding dress.

His eyes turned black with pain. He was overwhelmed like a lost child. Shizun had already said that Shixiong was dead, and his reason told him that Shixiong was dead, but when the facts were put in front of him, he found that he still could not accept it at all.