3

CHAPTER 3

After Gu Louyin said this word, he didn’t move anymore.

Xiao Yuan straightened up, tapped Gu Louyin’s forehead lightly with his folding fan and murmured, “Master Gu, I’m sorry, I am forced too.” 

A pale yellow glimmer appeared between Gu Louyin’s eyebrows, connecting to Xiao Yuan’s folding fan. Xiao Yuan raised the folding fan, and Gu Louyin ‘stood up’ with it. “You come with me for now. Don’t worry, I will never be your Dao companion.” 

As Meng Chi said, there was a thatched cottage at the foot of the mountain that could block the wind and rain. Everything that was inside the thatched cottage could be seen with a single glance. Fortunately, the large bed was quite comfortable and there was also a quilt and a wooden box on it. Xiao Yuan opened the wooden box and found that it contained some good medicines for hemostasis and healing.

Xiao Yuan waved the folding fan, and Gu Louyin fell on the bed in the direction he waved, still wrapped in his fox fur.

The sky was cold and the earth was frozen, and Xiao Yuan had no fox fur, so he consumed a lot of spiritual power to keep warm along the way. He made a fire, and the light of the fire illuminated the dilapidated thatched cottage. In the dim light of the fire Gu Louyin’s face looked clear and otherworldly, and he really deserved the words ‘bright as the moon’.

Xiao Yuan sat down by the bed, took off Gu Louyin’s bloodied clothes, and the smell of blood rushed to his face.

Xiao Yuan thought he was miserable enough, but compared to Gu Louyin, he at least hadn’t suffered from bodily wounds. Fortunately, these wounds were not inflicted with poisoned weapons, otherwise there would inevitably be some scars left on this moon-like body.

When giving Gu Louyin medicine, Xiao Yuan felt that he was far beyond the cultivation base of his peers. It was not something that one could reach through diligence. With this cultivation base to protect his body, Gu Louyin should wake up tomorrow.

Facts proved that Xiao Yuan still underestimated the young master of Yunjian Pavilion. In the middle of the night, the wind and snow outside showed no sign of abating and the firewood crackled. Xiao Yuan was sitting by the fire, staring at his fan in a daze, when he heard a light cough.

Xiao Yuan looked towards the bed and met a pair of bright and clear eyes.

When the owner of those eyes saw Xiao Yuan, he was startled for a short while, “You…”

Xiao Yuan knew what he was going to ask and took the initiative to say: “I am Xiao Yuan, a casual cultivator who happened to pass by during my travels and saw you unconscious under a tree, so I brought you here.”

Gu Louyin nodded: “Thank you, Master Xiao.” 

Although the young man was thanking him, he felt cold and alienated.

Seeing Gu Louyin glancing down at his chest, Xiao Yuan continued: “I  had some medicine with me and I used everything I could. By the way, I don’t know the name of the young master?” He asked insightfully, “Looking at the clothes of the young master – are you from Yunjian Pavilion?” 

Gu Louyin hesitated for a moment and said, “Yunjian Pavilion, Gu Louyin.” 

Xiao Yuan pretended to be surprised: “It turned out that I saved the young master of Yunjian Pavilion?! Wouldn’t I make a lot of money!”

Gu Louyin raised his eyes, glanced at him and said indifferently: “In the future, if there is something Yunjian Pavilion can help Master Xiao with, I will definitely do my best.”