13

CHAPTER 13

Xiao Yuan looked down at himself, pretending to be surprised: “No way, I eat delicious food at Yunjian Pavilion and sleep until noon every day, as happy as a fairy. I’m just not fat.”

Xiao Du raised his eyes slightly, “It seems that Gu Louyin treats you well.”

“Answering Your Lordship, more than well.”

Xiao Du’s face got cold for a moment, then he smiled again, “If that’s the case, why hasn’t this venerable received an invitation to your wedding with Gu Louyin yet?”

Xiao Yuan said, “Your Lordship, take it easy, I’m doing it, I’m doing it.”

“Doing it? This time on the night of the full moon, you were in Yunjian Pavilion and Gu Louyin was treating you ‘more than well’, so why haven’t you pulled him into your bed yet?”

Xiao Yuan: “…” He had spent too much time with a bunch of rigorous sword cultivators at Yunjian Pavilion, so when he was caught off guard by such blunt words, he was a little uncomfortable for a while.

Xiao Du looked at his expression and said, “Could it be that Gu Louyin is incapable?”

“No,” Xiao Yuan tried to preserve Gu Louyin’s dignity as a man, “he is just too upright.”

Xiao Du smiled meaningfully, “Really.”

“My Lord, please give me a little more time.” He only needed to delay for now, and a month later everything would be easy. “Next time definitely.”

Xiao Du narrowed his eyes and pronounced a name: “Lin Wulian.”

Xiao Du mentioned Lin Wulian earlier, and Xiao Yuan had a hunch that Xiao Du would involve Lin Wulian in this case. Lin Wulian was gentle and courteous, and Xiao Yuan had no malice towards him. One Gu Louyin was enough to make him feel guilty, and he didn’t want to drag Lin Wulian into the water as well.

Xiao Yuan said, “I had asked around, Gu Louyin and Lin Wulian have a deeper bond than other fellow disciples but not enough to say that they like each other.”

“It doesn’t matter exactly what they are to each other, what matters is that the entire Yunjian Pavilion, including Gu Louyin, care for Lin Wulian very much.” 

“Because he’s a good guy?”

Xiao Du glanced at Xiao Yuan and said, “Lin Wulian is the only direct disciple of Yunjian Pavilion Master except for his biological son. He was raised by Gu Hang since he was a child, and Gu Hang treats him better than Gu Louyin.”

This was something Xiao Yuan didn’t expect, “Why?”

“I don’t know, there are rumors that Lin Wulian’s biological father was once a close friend of Gu Hang. He died saving Gu Hang’s life. Before he died, he asked Gu Hang to help, and Gu Hang took Lin Wulian to Yunjian Pavilion, treating him like a father treats a son.”

The amount of boring information increased again. “Does it have anything to do with Your Lordship’s plan?”

Xiao Du curved his lips, “Who knows.”

The drum tower where the two were standing was the highest point of Furong Town, and the streets of the town, both large and small, could be seen at a glance. Xiao Du ordered someone to prepare a table of wine and food, poured two glasses of wine with his own hands and said, “Now that we’ve finished our business, Ah Yu should have a drink with me.”

Xiao Yuan picked up the wine jar and said, “May everything be as Your Lordship wants.”

Xiao Du gave Xiao Yuan a deep look and smiled, “What I want will be mine.”