30

Xiao Yuan was silent. Gu Louyin had obviously lost his mind and it was futile to say anything to him at this time. Let him cry first, and when he is done crying and calms down, he will explain before it is too late.

After Gu Louyin said that passage just now, he stopped talking and wept silently. If it weren’t for the steady stream of tears he could feel, Xiao Yuan would have thought he fell asleep on his shoulder.

Gu Louyin’s reaction being so big was something Xiao Yuan hadn’t expected. It seemed that he had lost and recovered not a fiancée with whom they mutually used each other, but a Dao companion with whom he was deeply in love with.

No need, there was no need at all. He and Gu Louyin had only been together for a few months. They might have been friends before Lin Wulian was poisoned, but after that, even if they had a private marriage contract, they were each getting what they each needed. Gu Louyin wanted his blood to save his Shixiong, and he wanted to become Gu Louyin’s Dao companion to approach Qingyan and to complete his task. They had never said anything beyond negotiating the conditions. There was no ‘like’ or ‘being in love’, let alone making an oath to stay together. From beginning to end, the only thing Gu Louyin gave him was a purse. He did not accept it, so their relationship could only end there.

Xiao Yuan changed back to Shen Fugui’s appearance and patted Gu Louyin on the back, “Young Pavilion Master Gu, I can understand your mood, but you have recognized the wrong person again.”

Hearing Shen Fugui’s voice, Gu Louyin stiffened. He slowly straightened up and stared into the eyes of ‘Shen Fugui’, as if to see the soul of the person in front of him through this body. “Don’t lie to me anymore, Xiao Yuan.”

“I am An Mu.”

Xiao Yuan’s voice was filled with unmistakable determination, but Gu Louyin was even more determined than him. His was an almost terrifying obsession. “You are Xiao Yuan.”

Xiao Yuan sighed helplessly and asked, “Where is your evidence? Oh, you heard the conversation between me and Lu Yueyao just now, so you concluded that I was Xiao Yuan?”

Gu Louyin stubbornly said, “You are.”

“The reason why I did this is because I was entrusted by a client.” Xiao Yuan said calmly, “He asked me to use the convenience of the face-changing technique to investigate the truth about the poisoning of Lin Wulian back then and to restore Xiao Yuan’s innocence.”

Gu Louyin obviously didn’t believe his words and said solemnly: “Who?”

“The master of Xiao Yuan, Li Xianting.” Li Xianting was elusive. Unless he wanted to show up, no one could find him. Since he was able to fight against Yunjian Pavilion for his apprentice two years ago and both sides ended up injured with no winners when he fought Gu Hang, the Yunjian Pavilion Master, it made sense he wanted to clear his apprentice’s name today. Gu Louyin knew of the existence of Li Xianting and it was appropriate to use Li Xianting as a cover.

Sure enough, as soon as these words came out, Gu Louyin’s eyes flashed with hesitation, but it was quickly replaced by conviction. He was like a drowning man who had caught onto a driftwood – he would never let go.

“You are very good at deceiving people,” Gu Louyin said hoarsely, “but this time, I won’t be fooled.”

He loved to eat seafood, he didn’t eat bitter melons and he wanted a ruthless hua. His reaction to Lu Yueyao’s poisoning, and when he changed to Xiao Yuan, his every smile, every move… And, as long as he was in front of him, his heart would throbbing indescribably.