45

No, how could it be Xiao Rong, how could it be Xiao Rong?! Did he see it wrong, or was this just a person who looked like Xiao Rong?

Xiao Yuan couldn’t help but approach a little closer, wanting to investigate. The young man in the water prison was drenched, his body pale and bloated, his hair sticking to his face; he had passed out because of suffocation. Compared to his miserable, wretched state, even someone like Mu Yingyang could be called immaculately dressed.

A voice sounded behind him: “Elder Meng?”

It was the guard patrolling Suoxian Prison. Xiao Yuan said, “I’m just taking a random look. This Xiao Rong…”

The guard thought that Elder Meng had come to check Xiao Rong’s situation on purpose and said, “Please rest assured, Elder Meng, we did everything according to the Lord’s orders.”

…… So, this was indeed Xiao Rong. Now that Xiao Yuan thought about it, he had been in Xingtian Sect for half a month and he had not seen Xiao Rong. He initially thought that Xiao Rong was hidden by Xiao Du in a golden house built for his beloved younger brother. He could never imagine Xiao Rong would be locked up in Suoxian Prison, not to mention being tortured in the water prison.

Why did Xiao Du do this? Even if Xiao Rong did something wrong, Xiao Du would not abuse him so much; he would reprimand him with a few words at most. Could it be that Xiao Rong’s mistakes were inexcusable in Xiao Du’s eyes?

No matter what, Xiao Rong was Xiao Du’s younger brother. With Xiao Du’s dedication to his younger brother, any mistakes made by him could be forgiven.

Xiao Yuan remembered that he had also made a mistake when he was still Xiao Du’s brother.

At that time, Xiao Du was travelling together with Xiao Yuan when he overheard the whereabouts of an ancient divine weapon. The two of them went deep into a tomb thousands of years old to see what a legendary ancient divine weapon really looked like. The ancient tomb was full of traps and dangers. Fortunately, Xiao Du was there, and the journey went quite smoothly.

Later, the two of them arrived at the place where the coffin of the tomb’s owner was placed. Xiao Yuan accidentally caused the thousand-year-old corpse in the coffin to transform. It happened so suddenly that he didn’t have time to dodge at all. It was Xiao Du who pulled him into his arms and took a hard blow for him. In the end, they didn’t find the ancient divine weapon. Although Xiao Du sealed the corpse eventually, he was also poisoned and seriously injured by the corpse.

Xiao Yuan looked at his blackened wound. Feeling guilty and anxious, he hurriedly helped him deal with the injury and said in a muffled voice: “I’m sorry, Gege, I didn’t mean it.”

Xiao Du stretched out his hand to tuck Xiao Yuan’s drooping hair behind his ears, “I know that Ah Yu would not deliberately harm me.”

Xiao Yuan’s eyes were sore, “Ge, does it hurt?”

“It doesn’t hurt,” Xiao Du said, “Don’t cry, Ah Yu, it hurts when you cry.”

Xiao Yuan whispered, “I don’t want to cry. Ge, hit me, please, I’ll feel better if you hit me.“ As Xiao Yuan said it, he lowered his head in front of Xiao Du, “It’d be best if you make a bump appear.”

Xiao Du smiled and rubbed Xiao Yuan’s head, “No, I can’t bear it.”

Since then, Xiao Yuan never went to the places that might be dangerous with Xiao Du again. He didn’t want to be the one dragging him down.