14

CHAPTER 14

Gu Louyin’s pupils shrank suddenly; his shock was so extreme that he didn’t look cold anymore. “You said… what?”

“I said I want you to marry me.” Xiao Yuan said unhurriedly, “Did you hear me clearly? I want to be your Dao companion.”

According to [All Have], becoming Gu Louyin’s Dao companion was his last task. And after that, he would be free. Since he had to donate his blood to Lin Wulian, why not take this opportunity to force Gu Louyin into marriage. He was sure that Gu Louyin would agree. After all, he cared so much about Lin Wulian that he was ready to sacrifice his own life when he was in the north territory. What’s to say about such a little thing as becoming Dao companions then.

Gu Louyin’s whole body was frozen stiff, as if he had solidified into a fossil. Xiao Yuan didn’t rush him either and waited patiently for him to come back to life.

After a long time, Gu Louyin said one word very lightly: “Why?”

What Xiao Yuan said was half-true and half-false: “You want my blood, can’t I get something back? Unfortunately, there is nothing at Yunjian Pavilion that I fancy. Thinking about it, I think it’s more cost-effective for me to have you.”

Gu Louyin clenched his hands tightly. When Xian Yuan said the words ‘marry me’, he was already in a mess. A thought that was hidden deep in his heart caught him off guard. At that moment, he even forgot his dying Shixiong; Xiao Yuan was the only one in his mind. But he was Gu Louyin, after all, so he quickly came round. “You want Qingyan.”

Xiao Yuan did not deny it, “I will give you a day to think about it. If you agree, I will obediently let you take my blood; if you refuse… Anyway, I won’t be able to live long after losing so much blood, so I can just hang myself in Biluozhai and spare myself from trouble.”

Blood surged away from Gu Louyin’s face; he seemed to be particularly afraid of hearing the word ‘death’. He looked at Xiao Yuan, his clear eyes became frenzied, and he repeated the same words again: “You can’t die.”

Xiao Yuan didn’t want to talk about it anymore, “I will give you my blood today. As for whether there will be any tomorrow, it depends on the result of Young Pavilion Master’s consideration.”

Gathering a cup of blood through a needle piercing would take forever. Xiao Yuan looked around and his gaze fell on Gu Louyin’s sword. “Lend me your sword.”

Xiao Yuan took Shuang Leng, prepared mentally and slit his wrist gently. Warm blood flowed out immediately, dripping down his slender white wrist into the bowl.

Xiao Yuan smiled at Gu Louyin, “Are you satisfied?”

Gu Louyin only felt that Xiao Yuan’s blood was so red that it stung his eyes and his heart, so much so that he could not speak. It took him all his strength to ask, “Does it hurt?”

Xiao Yuan turned his wrist and said with a quiet smile, “It hurts.”

The word ‘stop’ was stuck in Gu Louyin’s throat but he didn’t say anything.

After giving Lin Wulian three cups of blood, Xiao Yuan did not feel any discomfort for the time being. But he knew very well that if he had to give  three cups every day, in less than half a month his blood would be drained.

The next day, Gu Louyin came to Biluozhai again. He returned to his usual alienated and restrained image, dressed in white, holding his sword, silent and cold as usual.

Xiao Yuan asked, “Has Young Pavilion Master considered it carefully?”

Gu Louyin didn’t answer the question: “You come with me.”