9

CHAPTER 9

Xiao Yuan was stunned.

The younger brother Xiao Du had been looking for more than ten years and, after finding him, cherished him like a treasure, was not born of the same mother as him? It was not Xiao Du’s style at all. In other words, Xiao Du, who was cold and mean by nature, could go to such lengths for a younger brother who was not related by blood? He was afraid that he had placed all his affection on this brother.

Xiao Yuan inexplicably remembered the vague image of his elder brother in his memory. If this brother really existed, would he be looking for him too?

“Master Xiao?” Meng Chi’s voice interrupted Xiao Yuan’s thoughts, “Are you listening?”

Xiao Yuan focused: “Yes. Where is the place with the blood ban where only Gu family members can go?”

Meng Chi said: “The ruins of Qingyan Sect – Hidden Sword Valley.”

The next day, the four of them continued on their way and arrived at Yunjian Pavilion before sunset.

As the number one sect in the world, Yunjian Pavilion combined both the elegance and grace of a traditional southern clan and the majesty of an immortal cultivation family. Misty clouds lingered among jade buildings, pavilions and water pavilions on the peaks of ranges of mountains. Standing on the sword and looking down, Xiao Yuan was amazed to realize it was actually the size of half of Luling City.

“Compared with Yunjian Pavilion, Xufu is just a broken thatched house with wind leaking on all sides.”

Xufu was the place where the three of them – Xiao Yuan’s Shizun and his two disciples – lived. When Mu Yingyang heard this, he said angrily: “Even a dog doesn’t think its home is too poor.”

Xiao Yuan said indifferently: “Xufu is not my home.”

Mu Yingyang asked, “You have lived in Xufu since you were five years old. How can Xufu not be your home? Do you have a conscience at all, Xiao Yuan?”

Xiao Yuan really thought about this question for a while: “Maybe not.”

Gu Louyin said, “Master Xiao.”

“En?”

“We’re going to go down.”

Xiao Yuan said “oh”, and his hold on Gu Louyin’s waist tightened a little bit.

The two disciples of Yunjian Pavilion who guarded the gate were extremely excited when they saw Gu Louyin and Lin Wulian: “Young Pavilion Master and Lin Shixiong are back! Go and tell Elder Qian! ”

Xiao Yuan asked, “Why Elder Qian, why not the Pavilion Master?”

Lin Wulian explained: “The Pavilion Master is in retreat, and Qian Shishu is temporarily in charge of the affairs of Yunjian Pavilion.” (shishu – sect elder younger/lower ranked than speaker’s elder; applied both to men and women)

Gu Louyin and Lin Wulian went to meet their Elder Qian, and Xiao Yuan and Mu Yingyang were invited to a courtyard called Biluozhai.

Mu Yingyang said, “Have you seen enough, can you go back with me?”

“Shidi, what’s the hurry, we just came here.” Xiao Yuan poured two cups of tea, took a sip and said, “Good tea, Shidi, would you like to drink it?”

Mu Yingyang sat down opposite Xiao Yuan with a blank face. “There is no one else here, you can speak directly. What the h*ll do you want to do now that you found a way into Yunjian Pavilion?”

Xiao Yuan showed a surprised expression, “Shocking, it turns out that my Shidi is not stupid! ”

“You–”