16

CHAPTER 16

Xiao Yuan thought that he was too weak and was hallucinating. He closed his eyes, and when he opened them again, the extra reflection rippled gently with the stream but it did not disappear.

Then, he heard the familiar voice that always made one feel as if a spring breeze touched them: “Ah Yu.”

Xiao Yuan slowly turned around and saw the visitor clearly. It was his Shizun – Li Xianting.

He hadn’t seen him for more than half a year. Li Xianting was still the same as he remembered. He was slender and straight-backed. He wore a long azure dress that blended with the green mountains and blue waters around him. His eyebrows were like mountain ridges, his face as gentle as jade.

He looked at Xiao Yuan with a pair of phoenix eyes full of consistent warmth and tenderness, as if nothing had happened, and teased: “Ah Yu, don’t you remember Shizun?”

Xiao Yuan’s smile due to getting rid of Xiao Du gradually disappeared.

Li Xianting looked at Xiao Yuan from top to bottom, as if he couldn’t bear it, “Ah Yu, you have suffered.”

Xiao Yuan was so shocked that he coughed violently.

Li Xianting stepped forward, took Xiao Yuan’s wrist and checked his pulse. His face changed slightly, and there was a bit of guilt hidden in his worry. “Your spiritual veins… did Xiao Du do it?”

The warm, delicate touch on his wrist made Xiao Yuan realize that the one standing in front of him was really his Shizun, the one who raised him from the age of five to seventeen, cooked for him, taught him techniques, and gave him Wuguan Fengyue… that Shizun.

Xiao Yuan barely managed to stop coughing. He quietly withdrew his hand and said, “How could Shizun suddenly appear in Dongguan Mountain? Could it be that Shizun leisurely passed by and accidentally saw me, so he decided to say hello?”

Li Xianting was not annoyed when he was mocked. Looking into Xiao Yuan’s eyes, he said softly: “I am here to pick up Ah Yu and return to the Shimen.”

Xiao Yuan’s heart felt calm, as quiet as a pool of stagnant water. If he had heard Li Xianting’s words three months ago, he might have been delighted and moved, but now he only felt bored and stuffy, preferring that Li Xianting had never been here.

Xiao Yuan said calmly: “Shizun, don’t you think you are too late?”

“Late, but not too late.” Li Xianting coaxed Xiao Yuan like he coaxed him to sleep when he was a child, “Ah Yu, will you go back with Shizun? Shizun will help you repair your spiritual veins and will cook delicious food for you; he will protect you and will never let others bully you again.”

Xiao Yuan said with interest: “I am really curious. Each of you pushed me away before, why do you want me to go back one by one now?”

Li Xianting sighed as if he had conceded defeat, “Because I don’t seem to be able to give up Ah Yu.”

“Don’t seem?” Xiao Yuan had talked a lot and was already a bit physically exhausted. He didn’t mind getting dirty, so he sat down on a boulder by the stream. “So it took three months for Shizun to realize that he ‘doesn’t seem’ to be able to give up on me?”

Li Xianting avoided answering and said, “Ah Yu, go back with Shizun, your Shidi is also nearby. Isn’t it good for the three of us to go back to Xufu and live like before?”

Xiao Yuan’s eyes flashed slightly, “Shidi…?” It seems that Mu Yingyang didn’t make a mistake of going to Xiao Du directly, but went to Li Xianting first – the stupid Shidi was not that stupid after all.