15

CHAPTER 15

There were only five days left before the 19th of the third month.

Waiting for that day to come, Xiao Yuan had imagined countless times how he would feel. He thought he would be ecstatic and couldn't wait to roast a chicken to celebrate that day. But his mood was surprisingly calm now, so calm that he was amazed.

For ten days, he watched his blood taken away cup by cup in exchange for the life of someone who had nothing to do with him. He could clearly feel that it was not only his blood that was taken away, but also his cultivation base, his spiritual power and the foundation he had built little by little for more than ten years. How could he not feel distressed; but in the face of freedom, he could give up everything else.

He had longed for freedom for too long indeed. He was also so tired that he didn't have the strength to think about anything. He wanted it to be the same as in his fantasy, delicious and celebratory, with him happily welcoming the day of rebirth. But with this dilapidated body, he couldn't do anything but sleep. He could only comfort himself: it was good to sleep, and another day passed as soon as his eyes were opened and closed. Sometimes he could even sleep for two days, maybe the next time he woke up, it would be the 19th of the third month.

Dazed, Xiao Yuan fell asleep. Gu Louyin sat by the bed and watched him for a long time, then walked out with his sword.

Luo Lan was decocting Xiao Yuan's medicine in the yard when he saw Gu Louyin coming out and asked, "Is Young Pavilion Master going out?"

"En." Gu Louyin said, "Where does he usually put the clothes he wears?"

"It's all in the closet. Why is young master asking this?"

Gu Louyin said, "I want to make a new outfit for him."

Luo Lan understood what Gu Louyin meant and said, "If the young master wants to tailor clothes according to the size of Master Xiao's previous clothes, I'm afraid it won't do. Master Xiao has really lost too much weight during this period of time, and his previous clothes... are all too big."

Gu Louyin was startled slightly and murmured softly: "It was my negligence."

Seeing Gu Louyin's depressed face, Luo Lan comforted: "Fortunately, the serpentine beauty has been found. In the future, Master Xiao will definitely get better without having to give his blood."

Gu Louyin closed his eyes, "I hope so."

He went down the mountain alone and came to the largest town on the boundary of Yunjian Pavilion, Huaizhou. Huaizhou was a rich place with many people and all kinds of shops. The disciples of Yunjian Pavilion often went to Huaizhou to buy whatever they wanted.

Gu Louyin walked into the largest tailor shop on the main street. When the owner of the tailor shop saw him, she thought it was an immortal master who walked straight out of a book. Seeing him holding a sword and dressed in white, she knew that he was from Yunjian Pavilion. She hurriedly greeted him, leaned forward slightly, and said, "Master Immortal is here. What can this little one do to help Master Immortal?"

Gu Louyin looked around the shop and said, "I want to buy a wedding dress."

"Wedding dress?" The shop owner was stunned, "Dare to ask who Master Immortal is buying this wedding dress for?"

Gu Louyin thought for a while and said, "I'm buying it for my... my fiancée."

The shop owner said, "To tell the truth, Master Immortal, I have been making wedding dresses here for decades. The price is a bit higher, but you get what you pay for, and there is no customer who is not satisfied with the finished garment."