7

CHAPTER 7

Gu Louyin frowned slightly when he heard the young man’s words.

Xiao Yuan said, “Master Gu, this is the Shidi I told you about, Mu Yingyang.”

Gu Louyin nodded lightly, “Something happened just now, the case of three corpses has come to light.”

“I also had a guess.” Xiao Yuan noticed the injury on Gu Louyin’s hand, “What happened to Master Gu’s hand?” 

Gu Louyin looked at the wound and put his hand behind him, “It’s nothing.”

Xiao Yuan looked at Mu Yingyang with an expression of ‘no need to argue, I know it’s you’.

Mu Ying said angrily: “You are blind, can’t you see that I am also injured?”

Xiao Yuan had long been accustomed to his Shidi’s cheap mouth. Most of the time, he only treated him as watching a monkey show. Sometimes he would reply, but every time he cursed, [All Have] would interfere and tamper with his words. It could be said to have gone to great lengths for the sake of cultivating the affection between fellow disciples.

For example, what Xiao Yuan just said was obviously [I can see it, but you are still so full of energy despite being injured, which means you won’t die], but what others heard was: “Shidi is injured? Is it serious?”

Mu Yingyang’s expression eased slightly, “It’s a bit serious.”

What Xiao Yuan wanted to say was [A bit is a satisfaction to everyone], but what he said was: “Master Gu, what are you doing hurting my Shidi?”

Gu Louyin was at a loss for words: “I…”

“It’s not him,” Mu Yingyang said contemptuously, “how can he hurt me? It is……”

Of course Xiao Yuan knew who it was, and secretly gave Mu Yingyang a wink. Mu Yingyang understood, snorted coldly and didn’t go on.

Xiao Yuan asked, “Why did you fight?”

Gu Louyin informed Xiao Yuan about seeing another ‘Xiao Yuan’ in his room, omitting many details. Xiao Yuan said, “Coincidentally, there was also a ‘Gu Louyin’ in my room just now, who was… knocked out by my fan.”

Xiao Yuan and Gu Louyin glanced at each other and said at the same time, “Bronze mirror.”

Both of them had looked in the mirror in Lady Tong’s room. Their doubles were built by resentment in the mirror and were able to pass through the mirror and come to the world.

Xiao Yuan said, “The resentment on Lady Tong’s corpse and the memories of her life have probably been absorbed by the bronze mirror. This mirror is not simple.”

“Looking at the scratches on the bronze mirror, it has been in the world for at least hundreds of years.”

“No wonder.”

Gu Louyin said, “When the mirror people come to the world, what is the first thing for them to do?”

“Kill the original.” Xiao Yuan said, “This is the reason why there are three corpses, but there are no  and you will know the identity of the deceased. The two female corpses were probably the maids who usually delivered meals to Lady Tong. As for the male corpse, it is very likely Steward Wang who lured you out. The child in Lady Tong’s belly might also be his.”

Gu Louyin said, “Whether that’s true or not, we’ll find out when we ask.”

“Fortunately, the power of the bronze mirror is still weak, and the mirror people are not very powerful. They can only use ordinary methods to kill people, otherwise all the people in the governor’s mansion would have died a long time ago.”