28

Seeing that they couldn’t get serpentine beauty from Xiao Du, Han Mu was no longer polite and said, “Since the distinguished cultivator doesn’t want to help…”

Xiao Du didn’t wait for her to finish speaking. He walked slowly to the door, paused, turned around and asked Xiao Yuan, “Are you leaving?”

Xiao Yuan asked rhetorically: “Why should I leave?”

Xiao Du smiled and said, “Young Sect Master Shen is not from Yunjian Pavilion, is he?”

Jiang Liuyuan said: “Although Young Sect Master Shen is not from Yunjian Pavilion, he is undoubtedly one of our own and we can trust him completely.”

Xiao Du asked meaningfully, “One of their own, huh?”

Xiao Yuan said, “Walk slowly, we won’t see you out.”

After Xiao Du left, Jiang Liuyuan said: “I will set off tomorrow to find serpentine beauty in the extremely desolate land. Shidi, you have been there once. Can you go with me and help me look for it?”

Gu Louyin said, “No.”

Jiang Liuyuan said in surprise: “Why?”

“As I said, I came to Baihua Palace just to find a medicinal herb.”

Jiang Liuyuan couldn’t bear it, “Okay, I’ll just go by myself.”

“Shixiong, I’ll go with you!”

“I’m going too!”

“Nonsense,” Han Mu scolded them, “for just the few of you to go to the extremely desolate land is simply a death sentence.”

The disciples of Yunjian Pavilion stepped back unwillingly. Lu Liluan knew that Han Mu and Gu Louyin had something private to talk about, so she also took the disciples of Baihua Palace and left. Xiao Yuan was not sure if he needed to leave, but Han Mu didn’t seem to mind the presence of ‘Shen Fugui’ and said directly: “Louyin, do you think today’s incident is related to the poisoning of Lin Wulian two years ago?”

Gu Louyin said, “Perhaps.”

Han Mu nodded, “Highly poisonous withered bones induced through blood, how can there be such a coincidence in the world indeed? If it were Xiao Yuan who poisoned Lin Wulian in the first place, who could have poisoned Lu Yueyao this time? You were right, the incident two years ago had nothing to do with Xiao Yuan.”

Gu Louyin’s eyes were deep, “Shishu, don’t you think it’s too late to say this now?”

Han Mu sighed and said, “Louyin, don’t you understand? Regardless of whether it was Xiao Yuan who poisoned Lin Wulian or not, in order to be able to take his blood with dignity, he had to be the killer.”

Gu Louyin smiled very indifferently. He rarely smiled, and because he rarely smiled, it was particularly surprising when he did. But at this moment, his smile would only make people feel helpless and desperate. “I understand, but I understood it too late. Five full days too late. I let him…” Gu Louyin exhaled quietly, “let him suffer for five days more.”

If he had gone to the desolate lands at once, instead of wasting time looking for evidence that could clear Xiao Yuan’s name, perhaps things would have been different.