18

CHAPTER 18

Time seemed to stagnate at this moment.

The first one to realize there was something wrong was Mu Yingyang. The face of his Shixiong, who was panting slightly in his arms just a short time ago, suddenly became radiant. He had never seen his Shixiong show such an expression, as if he had found the treasure he had been pursuing for a lifetime. Obviously, his cultivation base was exhausted and he was so weak that he might fall at any time, but at that moment he seemed to be miraculously healed. He ran so suddenly and so fast, he was obviously right next to him, but still he didn’t say a word of explanation.

The flaming red wedding dress floated past his eyes. Mu Yingyang had no time to react and instinctively stretched out his hand, but only caught a red hairband.

The scattered silky black hair fluttered in the wind along with the sleeves of the wedding dress. Xiao Yuan just ran through the lush greenery, like a burning flame, ecstatic, impatient, and did not slow down when he reached the edge of the cliff.

Unprecedented fear surged in Mu Yingyang’s heart. He rushed towards the brilliant red figure in spite of everything, trying to jump down, but was grabbed by Li Xianting by the collar and dragged back.

“Shixiong!” Mu Yingyang’s eyes rolled, and for the first time in his life he raised his hand against his master, “Let me go! Shixiong, he’s going down, I’m going to find him!”

Li Xianting set a barrier around Mu Yingyang. Mu Yingyang couldn’t get out, and no one else could get in. Then he took a long leap and jumped off the cliff.

“No, no!” Mu Yingyang seemed crazy, crashing into the barrier again and again in vain, “Let me out! I want my Shixiong, I’m going to find my Shixiong–”

His almost desperate wailing resounded through Dongguan Mountain, and Gu Louyin, who was entangled in the fight with his fellow disciples, looked towards the sound, but only saw a glimpse of the corner of a wedding dress.

He couldn’t be more familiar with that wedding dress. It was the brocade he personally selected for Xiao Yuan. There was no embroidery on it. It was pure red, just like Xiao Yuan himself.

Xiao Yuan today, wearing the wedding dress he had chosen, was even more beautiful than he had imagined, and with just one glance he could not tolerate anyone else in his eyes.

Then Xiao Yuan… Xiao Yuan disappeared. He disappeared over the edge of the cliff without any warning, and didn’t even look back at him.

Why? There was no reason, no reason at all. Half an hour ago, they were still holding the same piece of red silk – they were about to go through the ceremony.

No matter what the reason was, Xiao Yuan wanted to marry him. In order to marry him, he did not hesitate to give thirty cups of blood. Seeing that they were about to get married and about to spend their lives together, why did Xiao Yuan leave?

No… he couldn’t accept it, he couldn’t accept it. Xiao Yuan was… was he teasing him? He still remembered that when the two first met, Xiao Yuan would occasionally make harmless jokes at him, although he never smiled at him again afterwards.

Gu Louyin’s mind was blank. He forgot the sword in his hand and he also forgot that he was dealing with the three disciples of Yunjian Pavilion. He froze in place, allowing a fellow disciple who had no time to stop his sword to stab him in the chest.

“Gu Shixiong! ”

“Shidi! ”

The disciple who stabbed him was also shocked and pulled out his sword in a panic, “I’m sorry, Young Master, I didn’t mean to…”