CH4: Dark Nights, Bright Lights

Me and Neo found an apartment complex an hour before nightfall. Central Vale was absolutely mesmerizing. The lights were all bright and the citizens were enjoying themselves. Chatting in the streets and watching street performers. I had wanted to go down and see the city, but unfortunately, I needed some damn sleep. I didn't get much last night because I felt uneasy.

The apartment was far better than the motel room as well. The staff was friendly and helped us around the place. Of course there were men checking out Neo, but I don't hold it against them. It's male instinct, not like they're gonna try to kidnap her or some shit.

Oh and the room, don't get me started. The bed was heavenly. Who the hell thought that putting springs underneath your bed would be so much better than just the cushion? All I'm saying, is that the man deserves the most luxurious head of his life. Also, somewhere along the way people learned to power boxes with a fan in them. What did Neo call it? Oh yeah, air conditioning. It's fucking awesome!

Oh wait, Neo's trying to get my attention, I'll narrate later.

Neo was snapping her fingers in my face with an annoyed look. My brain turned back on and I looked up at her like an idiot. She laughed a bit at my expense, but remembered that she actually needed to talk to me.

'Are we doing anything tonight?'

Well damn I didn't think she wanted to-

'The cities beautiful at night and we can pickpocket a few people along the way.'

Yeah, that's totally what I thought she meant.

Y/n: I'm down as long as we don't get into too much trouble. We can stop at a blacksmith to get you a weapon as well.

'Actually, I have a weapon in mind.'

Y/n: You have my attention.

She used her semblance to make an object appear on the bed. I walked over with the intent to see how lethal it was and if Neo would be able to use it well. I'm thinking a short katana would be the best because of her illusions and agility-

Is that a mcfucking umbrella?

On the bed was a pink and white parasol. Next to it, Neo used her semblance to show some information about the umbrella in question. Before reading through it, I turned to Neo with a confused look.

Y/n: You want a parasol as a weapon?

'...Yes?'

Y/n: Can I ask why?

She froze for a second. It looked like she had just unlocked a memory, and not a happy one at that. She then abruptly closed her eyes and looked to me again, a buried look of dread in her eyes.

'I owe it to someone.'

Y/n: Can I ask who?

She hesitated for a moment, contemplating on something I didn't know about. Whatever it was, I immediately felt like a dickhead for intruding.

Y/n: I'm sorry, I shouldn't have asked.

'No, it's alright.'

...

'The girl's name is Trivia.'

A sibling, possibly. Or a close friend. Either way, I had already intruded, and I shouldn't push her any further.

Y/n: Alright. But seriously how the hell are you going to shank a man with an umbrella?

'cough cough, instructions, cough.'

Y/n: Don't be shy, do the hand motion.

'Fuck you.'

I smirked and turned to read the instructions on the bed.