CH44: Ze Dock

Team RWBY was enjoying their weekend. For once in the semester, they hadn't been crammed with homework. Initially, they thought about inviting team JNPR, but for some reason, none of them would answer Yang's calls. Then, they considered team CYN, but that was shut down as well. Cardin wanted to spend time with Velvet, and those inseparable troublemakers were spending their weekend away as usual.

Weiss recalled asking Cardin about what they get up to during the weekend. All he said was that they had work, and that it wasn't his place to intrude. Though Weiss respected Cardin's methods as a leader, she thought it was a tiny bit irresponsible to not know what they're up to, considering what wild cards they are.

No matter, it would be a simple rest day for team RWBY. As they walked through the streets, they noticed that many people were starting to hang posters and hand out fliers advertising the Vytal Festival. Immediately, Weiss was ecstatic.

Weiss: I can't wait for the festival to start!

Ruby lazily snagged one of the flyers from a guys table. Her eyes skimmed through, only getting interested whenever the words fight or competition were in print.

Ruby: What's got you so worked up?

Weiss: Are you serious? How aren't you worked up? The celebration of all of these magnificent cultures from all walks of life-!

Yang: It's the one day your parents allowed you freedom?

Weiss: Yes, but that's just a small part of it.

Ruby: Do the other parts have to do with fighting? If they don't, I'm gonna start tuning you out.

Weiss: Rude, and yes, it involves fighting. Haven't you ever been excited watching the Vytal tournament?

Yang: I prefer lowrider car shows.

Ruby: Video games.

Blake didn't respond to the conversation. Her mind was caught by a store nearby surrounded by caution tape. The windows were shattered and the doors had bullet holes in them. As they passed by, Blake overheard two detectives speaking.

D1: You thinking it's Torchwick?

The other detective eyes the wreckage and grasped for straws.

D2: Could be the White Fang? They've been stealing more and more dust.

Blake scowled. Since Weiss had been talking about cultures and tournaments, Ruby had generally tuned her out. Yang seemed to be better at socializing anyway. However, she did notice Blake's not so subtle face of displeasure.

Ruby: Blake, you alright?

The girl's silver eyes fallowed what Blake seemed to be looking at.  When Ruby saw the wrecked shop, she looked at Blake questioningly.

Ruby: The robbery?

Weiss and Yang stopped talking to listen in.

Ruby: I know criminals are bad, but Vale's not a perfect city. What's the problem with that one specifically?

Blake's eyes narrowed.

Blake: What are your thoughts on the White Fang?

The group paused. Yang, being the most mentally competent of the four, responded first.

Yang: I see them as less than good, but not exactly bad, if that makes sense. Wanting equality is nice, but maybe don't break into stores and murder people?

Blake gave an understanding nod. Then, she looked towards Ruby. As she had expected, the girl gave a much more simple answer.

Ruby: Bad guys do bad things. They're labeled as terrorists for a reason.