CH24: Is That a Dagger in Your Sleeve, Or Are You Just Happy to See Me?

Neopolitan was, to be quite blunt, annoyed. She had finally worked up the nerve to make a move on Y/n due to their sharing of a sleeping bag, only to find him exhausted to all hell and crippled outside in the courtyard garden. How was she supposed to set the scene if he passed out the moment he hits the mat? So, she begrudgingly decided not to make an attempt on his heart or pants.

Y/n on the other hand, was ecstatic. He was so power high after destroying four entire moons. Of course, he knew it was because Ranni realized how low his self esteem was, but that wasn't going to stop him from loving the moment.

And then there was his new dagger. Moonlight was rather peeved by the concealed blade, but Y/n assured them that the dagger didn't have a name, consciousness, or years of teamwork. The burst of emotion from Moonlight seemed unnatural. They had always been a helpful voice, not an open one. He wasn't complaining. The companionship from his oldest friend was nice. However, it did remind him off the foreign voice in their head. The calm, wise one.

He had asked Moonlight about it, as they shared everything except a body. They didn't respond. At all. Not in a way where they were hiding something, but in a way we're they seemed unable to speak on the matter. Like a rule was holding them back. They didn't speak up until Y/n changed the topic to the initiation.

Y/n: Hey, Neo, what time is it?

The girl slightly clenched her fist. She immediately stopped the action, but it was too late, nothing escaped the hunter's eyes.

Y/n: What's wrong?

Neo acted casual and waved it off.

'Rough night.'

The hunter stood up from his slumped bench in the garden.

Y/n: Well get ready, because it's about to get way rougher.

The pink girl turned even pinker. Normally, Y/n would make a comment on her behavior, bit he found himself frozen and... embarrassed. Kind of he was back in highschool, worried about girls and dances.

'Highschool...? I never went to a...'

'Y/n?'

The boy snapped from his thoughts and turned his attention to Neo. His face was a shade of red, but his mask hid that quite well.

Y/n: Sorry. Headache. Shall we head to bed?

The girl nodded, still blushing like an idiot. Y/n made no comment, as usual. Part of Neo wanted him to make the first move. Another part of her wanted to be the pants in the relationship. Another part of her wanted him to pin her against the wall and-

'What's with the dagger?'

He pulled up the sleeve of his coat, fully showing off the glowing silver blade. Neo recognized the writing. She had seen Y/n write in the language accidentally, mistaking it for English. She noticed at the very tip of the knife, was a conveniently placed heart shaped symbol. It looked like a small heart, but it also looked wonky enough to be a rune.

Y/n: A gift from Ranni. Oh, she's my consort. I've told you about her.

'Is she the one you bagged the necklace for?'

Y/n: Mhm. She likes blue.

'I'm already behind on gifts? This girl is shitting on me!'

'Guess I've got to start getting you gifts too. It'd be a shame to lose you to her.'

'FUCK THAT WAS RISKY. BUT ALSO CONFIDENT. Y/N SEEMS CONFIDENT. DOES HE LIKE CONFIDENT?'

He smirked.