CH23: Plenty of Space in Space

Y/n awoke in a void of dark blue. A chill mist emanated from seemingly nowhere. He loved the feeling, and apparently, so did Moonlight. It's sheathe shivered in delight at the excess moonlight energy. At was then did Y/n realize just how starved it was of it's own life force. He'll have to change that soon.

Suddenly, a massive blue moon appeared in front of him. Y/n smiled. It was the Darkmoon. He hadn't seen a glance of it since he left the Lands Between for Remnant. Well, left isn't the right word. His curse drags him away before he can do anything once he completes his ultimate goal. He'll have to break it soon, for everyone's sake.

His thoughts were interrupted by a hand on his arm, or rather, hands. Two pairs of arms found their way around his back. They felt cold as ice itself, and yet, he also loved the feeling. Y/n turned and locked eyes with his concert, the now "god-like" Ranni.

Y/n: Hello, Ranni.

She smiled.

Ranni: Four months without direct contact and all you give me is a hello?

Moonlight lightly vibrated in it's sheathe. The goddess giggled at his sentient greatsword.

Ranni: See? Moonlight agrees.

Y/n: You can't even understand them. I'm their chosen host.

Ranni: You're giving your sword pronouns?

Y/n: Why not? They're living, give me solid advice, and are the only thing that hasn't used me for their agenda.

Ranni: You literally massacre religions for it.

Y/n: Yeah, but we did it to further our agenda. We're a package deal.

Ranni: Oh, you're certainly something of a package~

Y/n: Can we discuss normal things before you violate me?

Ranni: First of all, sure. Second of all, it's a mutual violating, so it's not violation at all.

Y/n: That doesn't make-? Nevermind, any progress on tracking down my world.

She turned to the abyss and raised her hand. The area in front of them turned into the empty expanse of space. Planets, comets, stars, and meteors surrounded as at every angle.

Ranni: The expanse of space is infinite. A void that which cannot be fully explored. We call it space because it embodies that very concept. It is space, an infinite land with almost anything.

She twisted her hand to the right and the terrain grew smaller until they were standing outside the galaxy. Multiple swirls of light inhabited the area, and just as last time, neither of them could see the end. It just kept going.

Ranni: That is but one galaxy. There are hundreds more.

Again she twisted her hand, and again they were sent flying back out of the area and onto a larger space. This time, they saw a massive white and yellow orb in front of us.

Ranni: This, is the universe of which the Lands Between resides.

She turned around and raised her hands, gesturing to something behind them. Y/n turned and saw an uncountable amount of multicolored orbs

Ranni: Behold, the multiverse. The god's collection of universes, galaxies, and worlds. The horrific detail is that this is far from the end, the only reason I've stopped here is because I'm not able to go further. Whatever lies beyond the expanse of the multiverse, it wasn't meant to be seen by us. We are gods, Y/n, and yet there are things even we shouldn't explore.

The hunter laughed.

Y/n: I'm no god, Ranni. I'm now, quite simply, a man. I am no longer healed by Estus, Crimson Tears, or Blood Vials. I can no longer conjure magics that enable me to conquer kingdoms. My guess is that the only reason I'm still able to use Darkmoon magic is because of our marriage.