CH27: White Snow and Red Roses

Ruby was having a relatively rough start to her initiation. First, there was the landing...

*Thud*

"I WILL HARVEST YOU IF YOU FLY INTO ME AGAIN!"

Then her actually partner. She wasn't bad, it's just that when it comes to the battlefield, she was, well, bossy and annoying. At least to Ruby, or maybe that was just her antisocial showing.

"Where are you going? We're partners!"

"I refuse to be partners with an idiot like you!"

"You're not pretty enough to be this obnoxious!"

*Gasp*

"Excuse me?!"

So that was great. Oh! And just her luck, she was about to be jumped by Beowulfs. They travel in packs of a baker's dozen with the Alpha being quite recognizable. Usually, an Alpha Beowulf is larger, it's plates have spikes, and it has heightened senses.

And guess what is in front of Weiss?

Ruby Rose found herself dashing through the treeline, picking off any stray Beowulfs that had tried to surround them. Though Grimm are senseless beings, they posses basic impulses like obedience to authority and animalistic strategy.

Ruby jumped down from a large oak tree and cut a stray in half on the way down. She immediately returned back to the treeline, leaving a frenzy of rose petals in her wake. She glanced over at Weiss.

She was doing rather well. Two Beowulfs dead, the Alpha still alive. That along with Ruby's three stray kills, and there were only seven left. Normally, one would kill the weaker pack then the Alpha because it's only as strong as it's pack. However, Ruby found herself with enough built up momentum, frustration, and confidence to blitz it from the treeline.

Ruby quickly surveyed the outer treeline. There seemed to be no sign of additional stray Grimm. She started planning in her head and proceeded to build speed by dashing through trees.

Weiss on the other hand? Well, she was doing terribly and was mentally cursing Ruby in German.

'Wo ist das kleine rote Scheisse?!'

She dodged a lunge from a Beowulf and stabbed it in the eye with Myrtenaster, her dust caliber rapier. It slashed at her, but Weiss used her semblance to conjure a solid air glyph and jumped away.

Another Beowulf attacked her midair. Weiss pointed her rapier at the creature and a blast of fire erupted from the tip. She touched down and took in her odds. She had blinded one, killed three, and was about two thirds into her aura. An assist would be great right about now...

She shook her thoughts away. Now that she was out of the immediate danger, it had returned to English instead of German.

'Nevermind her, I need to get rid of the Alpha and get to the middle of the forest. If I kill the Alpha, the rest will stand down.'

Weiss conjured a boost glyph behind her. She intended to stake it's heart right through it's chest. Her rapier could certainly pierce the armor with a significant amount of force put into it. The glyph boost will do at the moment.

Weiss crouched and conjured a black glyph underneath her. She waited a few seconds for the Grimm to pursue, then dashed off in the blink of an eye. Weiss darted passed the first few and lined her rapier with the decorative heart of the Alpha Beowulf. Her vision tunneled in on its torso and she willingly homed in on her target. If anything, tunnel vision helped her focus on one thing at a time.

Suddenly, she saw a large red blur speeding at her from the right. She had no idea what it was because of the aforementioned tunnel vision, but she felt a gust of wind and the touch of multiple small soft objects. The blur made contact with her as Weiss was blown into a tree with a strained grunt.