Christmas Special

(This is really late, but the chapter takes place about five/six months post canon. Please skip to avoid spoilers if you've yet to see RWBY or haven't read other fics.)

Wind whistled through the streets of Central Vale. Though, the wind is hardly the cause of the fuss out and about. Multiple roads had been blocked by deep snow, which came in the night before in a blizzard. Unfortunately for normal people, this meant that they couldn't get to their jobs. Even more unfortunate for the students of Beacon, is the fact that-

Ruby: This sucks. Like a lot.

Headmaster Ozpin is, to put bluntly, a cheapskate. Instead of using a miniscule fractions of his overwhelming school budget to purchase a snow shoveling company, he had an idea. Instead of spending thousands to get the entire school shoveled, why not merely spend hundreds on snow shovels! Now, surely he would get janitors to do such things, right? Well, remember what I said earlier about the deep snow not allowing people to get to their jobs? That includes bullhead transportation.

So, he had another streak of brilliant ideas.

-Earlier-

"Hey, Y/n, check this out!"

Y/n L/n awoke and saw multiple things. For one, a beautiful woman was on his chest. Another was that-

'Wait, who's on my chest?'

He blinked a few more times, but the girl was gone. There was a small dent in the blanket that was in the shape of a woman, however. He groggily looked around from his bed, but it was to no avail. He did see Cardin Winchester, his partner, excitedly looking out the window.

Cardin: Dude, come on!

The hunter groaned.

Y/n: Fine, just give me a- ow!

Y/n felt a small sting on his right hand. The one he had used to tug away the blanket on top of him. When he inspected it, he found a small crystal clear shard of glass lodged in there. When he pulled it out, it crumbled away between his fingers. Y/n smiled and looked to his right.

Neopolitan was still within her bed, seemingly fast asleep. Seemingly. However, she was faced away from Y/n. That was the hunter's second give away that she was on top of him. A little fun fact about Neo: She always faces Y/n before she goes to bed, and never budges from that spot. When Y/n caught on and inevitably asked about it, she simply giggled and vaguely told him that it was comforting to look at him before she fell asleep. No further explanation was given when pried.

Y/n smiled, but didn't say anything. He didn't know why, but he was worried that her teasing antics would stop if he called her out for it. So, he rised from his bed in his plaid pajama pants and joined Cardin.

Y/n: What's going-?

He didn't need to continue. Outside, Beacon Academy's courtyard was knee deep in thick snow. Icicles hung from the top of each window in the dorm building. The windows were freezing cold to the very touch. All of these were signs of a glorious blessing. An weird happiness that Y/n couldn't identify swelled inside him.

Cardin: You know what this means, right?

Y/n: Oh, you're damn right!

He paused.

Y/n: What does it mean...?

Cardin gave him a confused look.