Proof of Humanity - Lies of P

Okay, here me the fuck out.

First and foremost, I'm sorry. Just in general. Taking a month off is inexcusable, and I apologize. Writing will resume within a week, I swear. My grades are finally at a comfort 3.6 GPA, and I'm ready to tank a few points since the grading period is ending soon. That means that I get to write again without worrying about getting pegged by grades!

Second of all, Lies of motherfucking P.

The games out, you should play it. I know I have.

Alrighty, just gonna rip the bandaid off here. Ever since playing the game, my mind has been fucking overwhelmed with ideas, plot points, character concepts, and much much more. To the point where when I open this book, I instead start to wonder how shit would work if I did a fic for Lies of P.

I'm making it official. I will be putting MG on pause until I either finish Lies of P or burnout and feel like continuing. As I've already explained, I don't want to force creativity and make something ass. That's why I'm just going to return here when I'm ready to continue Y/n's story.

On a positive note though, this isn't a single MehFuckIt production. I have been getting a shit ton of help from members of my discord on this. When the book comes out, I will credit the ones that have been helping me the most cuz why not.

-Proof of Humanity-

This story revolves around fairytales. RWBY is full of such things. Red Riding Hood, Snow White, Beauty and the Beast, and Rapunzel, to name a few. Unfortunately, while this is an amazing premise, it's never explored. In fact, most of the time, it's an excuse for shitty nonsensical plots when the RWBY writers trip on their own storyline. This will not be the case.

In Lies of P, you follow Pinocchio, a puppet revived by the blue butterfly Sofia in order to stop a disaster in Krat known as the puppet frenzy. This however, is the game. And while the games amazing, that's not how I'm gonna sell it to you.

Aight, so y'all remember Penny? That ginger that was supposed to be meaningful to Ruby after the Fall of Beacon but got forgotten for like six volumes? Yeah, me neither.

Anyways, she's one of the main characters!

In Lies of P, Pinocchio has the ability to lie, and unlike his source material, that's how he becomes human. It's a fun twist, but the point is, throughout the game he becomes a real boy.

After the Remnant time skip, P is reawakened by Penny herself. The two are connected by a form of magical essence called Ergo, which is wayyy too complicated to explain in this quick summary. Point is, the two become comrades of circumstance.

P was "found" by Ozpin, but woken up by Penny due to their magical connection. Technically, he's property of Beacon. This forces P to become a mentor and comrade to Penny because if he doesn't, Ozpin is going to do as Ozpin does and get a intrigue boner for anything magic.

The biggest point is that in essence, this is going to be the story of Pinocchio, who has already finished his fairytale, helping Penny write her own. Penny is forced to see the struggles of what it means to be human, and how to discover humanity as an inanimate object given sentience.

Okay guys, I swear the plotline is great, I'm just ass at explaining things in a rush. I'm writing this at midnight.

Just, trust me, it's gonna be good. I'm writing the prologue rn, and I'm expecting actually consistent updates here. It's also a collaborative effort between me and a few boys from a separate discord, although the biggest help has been AdamVagabond who you can find by searching up his username and I'll also he crediting him in the actually fic.

Thank you all, and have a great day!