CH19: Color Heist

3rd POV:

Two people walked into a party. It was rather fancy, after all, it was one of the members of the Vale Council who was hosting it. The invitations were rare to come by, but these two in particular had... connections.

One was a man dressed in a sky blue tuxedo with a dark blue bow tie. Unlike usual, his hair was out and about, refreshed and conditioned to perfection. The man didn't like his clothing, but the mission at hand had more value than his simple comforts. Despite his disdain for his outfit, it did invite a few involuntary stares from women. Although, you could wager it was his dashing looks rather than his getup.

The girl had no such simplicity to her outfit. She wore a woman's suit that was customized to suit her preferred color palette. A cream white suit with pink cuffs and a callar accompanied by brown gloves and shoes. A bold fashion statement for sure, but she was certainly an eye catcher in the party. Multiple women making kind remarks about her clothing and multiple lewd comments from men. The latter was met with glares that could kill a man under their intensity and silent rage.

The party was in a large auction house that had been rented by the Council for this very event. Of course, the area was lined with exotic paintings and historic relics that could cost a small fortune. Unfortunately, there would be no auctioning away these items, despite what the party's schedule states.

The decor was modern to say the least. Large white pillars were used as support and marbled tile lined the entire building, all the way down to the large stage at the front, where the action would take place. Trays of food and drink were being carried by machines operating with gravity dust, because it wouldn't be the Vale Council if there wasn't some unnecessary waste of resources in the mix.

The man took two glasses of Champaign from a passing robot and bowed to the woman, handing her the cup as he did so. The girl giggled at his gesture and raised her glass to toast him. They tapped cups and both took a sip of the bitter beverage. The girl immediately regretted her actions and nervously placed partially drunken glass on another drink robot that was floating around. The man raised an eyebrow at her and smirked. The girl rolled her eyes and raised her hands to weave signals in sign language.

'It's bitter and tastes bad. Ice cream is way better.'

The man took a moment to translate the signs, then responded.

Blue: Ice cream is jam packed full of sugar and doesn't have high amounts of alcohol.

The girl took the opportunity to change the subject away from her being a lightweight and excitedly signed away again.

'You're getting better with sign language!'

Blue: I understand basic communication. The ice cream part needed a moment to translate.

'That's great!'

The girl was practically bouncing with joy, but remembered that they were supposed to be professional, so she reduced it to tapping the floor with her shoe.

Blue: It definitely makes assignments easier now that we don't need to speak with a scroll.

'Yeah, that was kinda annoying. You remember that one time when we broke a guys legs to have a quick time out?'

Blue: Dust for Days, right?

'That's the one!'

Blue: Poor guy, he thought he was the main character.

A food robot came by and offered them an assortment of seafood. The man picked up a plate of sushi and shrimp while the girl looked at him disapprovingly. The man didn't quite catch it because he was too busy enjoying the wonders of seafood appetizers, but saw it out of the corner of his eye halfway through the shrimp.