CH21: M I D

Turns out, Weiss and Cardin had more in common than they originally thought. They both were subjected to status judgement, both have terrible father's, the health of their mother's is even worse, and they both liked chicken tenders.

Cardin: How'd you break away from Atlas?

They were currently walking towards the massive tower in the hopes that it was the auditorium.

Weiss: Technically, I haven't. My father has the legal right to ship me back. At most, I have fleeting freedom.

Cardin: Better than wasting away in a manor.

The snowflake suddenly felt guilt that she had yet to ask about how Cardin had been affected by the change. Apparently, he saw right through her, because he slightly scowled.

Cardin: Refrain from pitying me. I thought you of all people would understand that.

A direct slap in the face to Weiss. In a way, she enjoyed that for once, someone was insulting her. Of course, she wouldn't let that show.

Weiss: It wasn't pity.

Cardin: I've seen that look from a dozen other people, don't try to play it off.

Weiss: Okay, fine!

They walked in silence for a few minutes. Cardin clearly had his mood soured. Was he that hopeful that she would understand? Though, it makes sense, Weiss was the only one that understood his life. In fact, they were practically the same person, except Weiss was lucky enough not to get her ass beat at school her entire life. He seemed to have no intention to pick the conversation back up, so she decided to do it herself.

Weiss: What's it like living normally?

Cardin: ...It's nice. I live in an apartment near the Vale Hospital so that I can see my mom easier. The solitude is comforting once you're used to it.

Weiss: And you're no longer being forced to dress well.

Cardin: Hey, what's that supposed to mean?

Weiss: Pfff, you look like you stumbled onto the wrong bullhead. I'm pretty sure the flight to Southern Patch was a few hours earlier.

Cardin: Oh, ha ha, you're just jealous that you have to dress up. You're even matching with that abomination of a rapier.

Weiss: There is nothing wrong with my rapier!

Cardin: It's name, the fact that it has a cylinder hilt, and... the color.

Weiss: It's name is German, there's nothing wrong with dust modifications, and what does the color have to do with anything?

Cardin: It doesn't, you just wear too much white.

Weiss: I look good.

Cardin: Mhm.

She rolled her eyes.

Weiss: And what about that entire anvil on your back? Seriously, that's a war crime and a half.

Cardin: I'm completely aware.

Weiss: Wait I was being dramatic, is it actually illegal-?

Cardin: Oh look, we're here.

The auditorium was at the base of the massive tower. Three groups were spread out into left, middle, and right groups. The left was examinees, the middle was second years, and the right was third years. The examinees consisted of about 30 people. Cardin could only recognize the ones that looks interesting.

An edgelord that comes from the 1700s, that girl that looks like the ice cream that every Mexican mom has in her freezer, a ginger, an Asian shemale, the conspiracy theorist, and Pyrrha Nikos, who was well known as a champion from Mistral.