CH18: Confidence's Consequence

Y/n's POV:

Shit I'm rusty. That little twit actually got me. In my defense, who the hell was expecting her to drop her swords and give me a from the top shelf O-line tackle. Seriously, this bitch should play football, that was splendid.

What's going on again...?

Oh right, I've been dragged into magical hellfire.

The fire spat me out the other end of the flame pillar with Cinder still death gripping my coat for dear life. I looked down and saw that the cigarette was burnt, but the tiniest sliver of paper had survived, which means that Cinder had succeeded.

I was now an employer of Cinder's faction.

SHIT!

*Clap*

I turned and saw Roman Torchwick giving us a standing ovation with the wildest smile on his face. Neo looked about as conflicting as possible. She looked concerned but at the same time excited. A confusing combination, but Neo's a confusing person in all honesty. And to be even more honest, her confusion was one of the things I was most fond of.

Roman: Now that,

He flicked his cigar into a trash bin.

Roman: Was a damn good show.

Cinder was laying to my right, barely conscious. An unwavering smirk was on her face, as if even in this mentally and physically drained state, she knew that she got the last laugh. I hated it. She knew that she won and it was all because I gave her the damn chance.

I got up and reached into my pocket dimension, otherwise known as my coat. I shuffled around before bringing our an orange glowing crystal. A Warming Stone, a rather useless item that was common in the Lands Between. It was however useful here because they don't have the magical healing powers of Estus Lite. I imbued some mana into the stone and tossed it onto Cinder's body. The area around her began to glow a vibrant yellow as the AOE healing activated.

Emerald: What kind of dust is that?

Ah right, they exist.

Y/n: Plain old electric dust, but I picked up a little trick with them.

A bluff, but you can do pretty much anything with dust, assuming you have the required amount of imagination and crack.

Mercury: Can we have the trick?

Y/n: How much are you willing to pay?

Mercury: Emerald.

He got punched.

Y/n: No deal, she's worth a loaf of bread, and that's with six.

She walked over to punch me, but then realized that I just fought their strongest member buzzed and defensively. I took a step forward, but she backed off.

Y/n: As I thought.

Emerald raised her voice to bicker with me, but Neo, silent and antiseptic as she always is, came up to me and tapped my arm. I turned and looked down at her.

Y/n: Sup, Pint-size.

She pointed to an open and still unhealed wound from the fight. Cinder was fine between her magical aura and the Glowing Stone, but I still looked like shit. Oh well, now's the best time to tell them.

Y/n: Yeah about that, my aura is still locked.

She looked at me dumbfounded.

Y/n: Don't look at me like that. You know why.

Roman burst into laughter, pointing at the still crippled Cinder.

Y/n: Someone's jovial.

Roman: Oh, you have no idea how long I've been waiting for her humbling.