CH36: RWBY's Dysfunctionality

Weiss waited patiently for the Grimm to attack her. As she had anticipated, the Boarbatusk continued to charge without sign of change. Weiss waited, and when the time came, she jumped up, delivering a barrage of thrusts to the Grimm's back. The creature shrugged them off, slowly turned, and started to charge again.

'I can't risk using a glyph, if I miss time it that thing will tear me apart. C'mon Weiss, what would Winter do?'

Weiss straightened her back and readied Myrtenaster. She was examining every inch of the Boarbatusk's armor, trying to find an angle that is softer. Weiss conjured a speed glyph, using it's boost to dash behind the pig. A few more test runs like that, and she'll be ready.

However, a certain girl in the stands did not in trust the process.

Ruby: Weiss, go for it's stomach, it's the part that-

Weiss turned her head, visibly annoyed by Ruby.

Weiss: Thank you Ruby, it's not like we just spent half a period studying that!

Ruby gave Weiss an annoyed look.

Ruby: Oh my god, would you just- Weiss!

Her eyes suddenly widened. Weiss then remembered that she was in the middle of a Grimm fight. The Boarbatusk had made it's way across the stage to her, and was seconds away from impact. Weiss dashed to the side in an attempt to get out of it's way, but it's tusks caught her sword by the blade. Myrtenaster was yanked from Weiss' hands, leaving her with nothing but her wits.

Well, wits and one more thing.

Ruby: Weiss, be care-

Weiss turned to Ruby with a furious scowl on her face.

Weiss: Would you stop talking!?

Ruby was taken aback by the amount of aggression from Weiss. Yang was annoyed, but understood Weiss on this one. Ruby had disturbed Weiss in a match, and Weiss payed the price.

Fortunately, anger is an excellent motivator.

With Myrtenaster's hilt stuck in front of the Boarbatusk's face, it couldn't see where it was going and ran snout first into the wall. Myrtenaster was skewered into the wall by the impact. Weiss could have used this opportunity to dash forward and reclaim her weapon, but the anger in her head told her to do otherwise. The Boarbatusk, now without a sword in its face, recovered and charged towards Weiss one last time.

Halfway across. Seconds till impact. Inches till it hit Weiss.

Then, Weiss jumped, conjured a bright blue glyph directly where she stood without looking. A dome of ice trapped the Grimm as a loud crack was heard from within. Then, an orange glyph appeared below the dome. A small inferno raged inside the ice dome, melting both the ice and Boarbatusk. When the dust settled, all that was left was stray body parts that had yet to turn to ash. Weiss saw the remains, and was apparently unsatisfied, so she conjured a yellow glyph above it. Thunder roared, and lightning descended from the heavens to completely atomize the Grimm. Nothing was left except terribly damaged floor.

Weiss ripped her sword out of the wall and sheathed it. As she walked up in silence, she maintained eye contact with a now slightly frightened Ruby. Port, who was now very annoyed that his stage had been frozen, burned, and smote, walked forward.

Port: JNPR, you're up next. Who is your chosen psychopath?

Nora stood up happily.

Port: Nora Valkyrie, nobility, bravery, blah blah blah, just kill the boar. I need a coffee.

He then walked back to his desk, mumbling about what a headache this semester would be. Something about fisting pigs and raging lesbians. Nora dashed to the locker, grabbed her hammer, and ran back without changing into her gear. Port would have requested she used her gear, but he was too tired to argue. The hammer will do. Reluctantly, he dragged a Boarbatusk cage over and released it, not bothering to give a warning.