CH9: Racial Catalyst

After fifteen minutes of misery, Cardin had enough aura to heal his injuries and push himself forward. By healed, I mean he can at least walk. His everything hurt and it was agony to push forward, but who was to save his friends if he didn't?

His friends. That was his priority. His mother could handle herself against that woman. But his friends versus the man upstairs? They haven't a chance in hell.

So Cardin got up from his bush and climbed in through the window. It opened into a guest bedroom that connected to the main hall. Perfect, he could go around and take the back stairs to avoid the bunny woman.

Cardin began jogging up the stairs. The manor was a maze with a shit past. He had lived there his entire life and he still hasn't explored the entire manor. Some rooms were forbidden to enter by his father's authority. He never questioned it until now. Could his family name be in such deep shit that the White Fang is sending assassin's these strong?

That's a stupid question, of course they were. The man said that they were after his father, which means that either the White Fang was making a move and needed to weed off the strongest Winchester, or that they're here for revenge. Cardin assumed the ladder. After all, why would the White Fang make a move now? There's a spike in Huntsmen because of the academies graduation ceremonies.

'Who would be dumb enough to attack when the Huntsmen activity is at it's highest?'

Because of this, Cardin guessed that they wanted Kristoff Winchester dead because of something he did to them personally. It was a blur to think about, really.

Cardin reached the stairway and began his ascent to the third floor. His head was spinning with questions about this plot against his family. Who were these people? Why do they have White Fang masks if they're just here for revenge? Wouldn't that just give their intentions away? And most of all, why the fuck were they so informed of the compound?

He reached the second floor.

They knew precisely where to go. In five minutes, they had one in the treeline, two storming the front, one that had a way to shut off the power, and one to guard the area around the manor. Surely they couldn't have just guessed exactly where everything was. They would have needed a source of information to be this damn accurate.

Cardin reached the third floor of the manor. He shoved all his thoughts away and began sprinting down the narrow hallway. The main hall was connected to numerous other rooms and hallways, as long as he could just get to one of the connecting rooms, he could cut through the outer area to get to his friends.

Cardin took a right into a storage compartment for clothes. He walked through the back door of the room and found his way in another identical hallway. He then ran into a large pantry that connected to the main hall. If he walked through now he could dart around the corner and make a break for the armory.

Cardin took a deep breath and bursted through the door, expecting to hear the noise of an intense fight. Instead, he was greeted with a bloody and destroyed room. The worst part was, the enemy was nowhere to be seen and his mom was bleeding in a corner unconscious.

Out of pure instinct, he ran to his mother before he could even think. His legs had began moving by themselves. However, something was off. Where was the other woman?

The lights flickered.

Standing right between his mother and him, was the Australian woman. She was heavily injured. Her clothes were bloodied and her bunny mask from before was gone. Instead, she covered her face with her hand.

???: Aww, you see your mommy injured and run to her? What a great son you are.

Cardin: Back off. Only warning.