Chapter 3

Of course I hadn't heard him talk before but I just knew that it was Nathan. And when I turned around I saw that I was completely right. I wasn't a big brain in social things, especially not when I was talking to people that I didn't know, but I figured I could handle this situation. I stood there and saw him walking towards me. He stopped right in front of me and asked "Hey, are you new here?" "Yeah, is it so obvious?" I giggled a bit. "Well..." He said, grinning. "First of all: I've never seen you here before and you look kinda lost, so..." His voice sounded strong and powerful. I wasn't afraid to talk to him but also, I wasn't feeling comfortable at all. "What's your next lesson?" He asked. "Literature." I quickly replied. He told me the way to the room where I had to go when I saw Max and Warren coming towards us.

"Oh, hey you two." I said smiling as I heard Nathan scoffing. I thanked him as he was walking away, then he looked at us again before quickly turning back around. "Oh, so you already know each other?" Max asked, pointing towards Warren. "Lab partners." He said as I grinned. "So...What did Nathan want from you?" "He just asked me if I was new here." I explained, being a bit perplex. "And then he told me the way to the room in which I have Literature now." Max turned to Warren "Why would he do something like that? He mostly doesn't care about anyone here." She said and Warren shrugged. "I honestly don't understand your problem. He seems quite nice... kinda cute actually and ..." I said. "Are you kidding? Just wait until you talk to him for more than one minute." Warren interrupted me and the school bell interrupted him. "See you later, guys." I said, walking away to my Literature class.

Literature was boring so I was seriously glad when it was finally over. Lunch break. I was very confident that I'd find the cafeteria because everybody was heading in one direction. And I was right... and hungry. I was alone while eating but it didn't bother me at all because I kinda liked being alone with my thoughts and have a little space just for me. People at my old school didn't understand that. They've always told me that something like that was stupid and that I just didn't have any friends but I actually never cared about them. I was completely lost in my thoughts when a voice pulled me back to reality and suddenly someone was sitting on the other side of the table. It was a girl with short hair and fancy clothes. She seemed a bit snobby, bossy and arrogant and it looked like she brought her minions with her. I didn't think that her style was comfortable at all. I felt good wearing my black hoodie and jeans. Maybe not the most stylish clothes but I liked them anyways.

"That's our table. Fuck off."The girl said. "Is your name written on it?" I asked, getting pissed. I normally didn't talk to people that I didn't know in that way but she wasn't nice either. "At least people know my fucking name. Who are you anyways?" "As if you would care. I exactly know people like you. I know what you will say as soon as I tell you my name." I surely was angry but actually didn't want to get an enemie within the first day of school. The girl looked like she was going to explode in the next few seconds and leaned towards me but on of the other girls pulled her away. "Chill, V. She's not worth it." She said but then she looked at me in an apologizing way and they all went off. I was glad to be left alone again but this didn't last long. Max and Warren came right over.