Chapter 34

No school for the next two weeks. Nathan and I decided to visit our families together. In the first week, we would visit his family and mine in the second week. He told me that it would be better to meet his parents first, because we could go to my family earlier if there were any problems with his parents, so that was our plan.

I took everything I needed and left the dormitories to wait for Nathan outside. Most of the people had already gone home to see their families, so campus was almost empty, but when I looked around, I noticed a boy looking at me. And I absolutely knew who this boy was. James Miller. When I noticed him, I instinctively touches my cheek on the exact spot where he hit me. Even though it's been a long time ago, I could still feel the pain. I tried to walk past him as fast as I could so that he couldn't talk to me, but I failed.

"Hey, (y/n), wait." 'Shit' I sighed and turned around. "What?" I asked angrily. "How are you doing?" James asked. "So now you care? What the hell are you even doing here?" "Chill, I'm just picking up my sister. She studies here as well. And I wanted to say sorry." "Cool." I said and turned around again. He wanted to apologize but I didn' want to see him ever again. I just hated him with every inch of my body. "What's your fucking problem now?" James shouted after me and now I just wanted to tell him why I was fucking mad at him. "My fucking problem?" I said, just so fucking enraged. "Growing up isn't easy for anybody. You know how fucking hard it is to listen to insults the whole day, not knowing what you did wrong or why everybody hates you? Because it's disgusting and destroys the mind and health. So the better question is what your fucking problem with me was." "My problem was that you just got the good grades and you were everybody's favourite, while I was the dumb boy who never understood anything." James explained. "And why did you have to insult me? You could've asked for help but instead you ruined so many years of my life, just because you had problems? As if it was my fault. You even got violent. I'm so fucking glad that I'm gone. Life was hell there thanks to you." "So... it's better for you here?" He asked and right in that moment, I heard Nathan shouting my name and coming over to us. "Hey, babe." He said, putting one arm around me and then he kissed me, probably to show that I'm his. "I think we should start now. My parents don't like unpunctuality." "Right." I said and walked away with Nathan, not looking back at him.

We put our bags in Nathan's truck and then we got in and started driving to the home of the Prescotts. It was almost one hour away, so we had enough time to talk. "Who was that?" Nathan asked and I sighed. "Remember reading what I wrote on my laptop? He was the reason I came to Blackwell." I explained. "So he was that ass, who...?" I nodded slightly and saw that Nathan became angry. "What did he want?" "He apologized and told me that he did all that because he was... jealous or something. But..." "You couldn't forgive him?" Nathan completed my sentence. "Should I? I mean... I don't know if I can. Forgiving someone who caused such a deep pain doesn't seem possible." "I know how you feel and I could never forgive those jerks. But it also has a good side. You're here with me now." Nathan said and I chuckled. He made me feel better every time I was with him and I loved him from the bottom of my heart.

The house of the Prescotts was exactly as I imagined. Big and fancy with a huge entrance gate in front of it. We were still sitting in the truck, Nathan seemed nervous and didn't want to get out, so I waited until he was ready and we got out. "Kiss me, please." Nathan told me and I quickly did to calm him down. I couldn't imagine how his parents were like when he was so fucking nervous. He pulled away after a minute and unlocked the door. "You can do it." I said before we both slowly walked in.

There were already some women, probably maids, waiting in the hallway. "Oh, you already arrived? I hope everything was fine." One of the women said and Nathan nodded. "Mr. Prescott said that he wants to meet you in half an hour in the living room. Oh and before I forget, your sister managed to come as well." Nathan started looking a bit happier when he heard that his sister was there too. We went to his room and I got to look around a bit. The walls were painted white, like the walls in every other room of this house were too and the windows were covered here just like in Blackwell, the bed was much taller though and Nathan had an own bathroom. Nathan showed me around and after 30 minutes, he grabbed my hand and pulled me into the living room, where three people were already sitting on a big couch.

"Hey, mom, dad, Kristine.", Nathan said, squeezing my hand. "Hello Nathan." The man, Nathan's father, responded. "And you must be (y/n), right?" "Yes, sir." I answered and shook his hand. "I'm Sean, this is my wife Caroline" He pointed towards the woman with dark blond hair, wearing a long skirt and blouse, she looked nice. "And my daughter Kristine." Nathan's sister smiled at us and gestured us to sit down, which we quickly did, not letting go of our hands.

We talked a bit about me, how Nathan and I met, for how long we were together and also about Florida and Fort Lauderdale. Then his mother asked me if I liked it in Arcadia and what my favourite places were and when I answered that I liked the beach and the lighthouse, she told me that it was really lovely there and that I had a good taste which made me smile. Then, his sister asked me if I traveled a lot and which countries I've already been to and she told me that she was a social worker in Brazil, which I found really interesting. After a while, we started talking about school.

"Nathan, I'm glad that you improved your grades. It's important for our family when people can see that you care about your grades and show hard work. Just keep going." Mr. Prescott said and Nathan squeezed my hand again, pretty hard this time. "Don't stress, Nathan." Kristine said, but Mr. Prescott wasn't happy with her comment. "It's important to have good grades. For your own future and the future of our family. And now, if you'd excuse me, I have an appointment." With that, he stood up and left. Mrs. Prescott didn't want to get in our conversation, she just looked at us in an apologizing way and then she left the room as well.

"I'm sorry, Nathan." Kristine said. "You know I love dad, but sometimes, he just goes too far. Don't stress if you get bad grades. Your health is more important." "Oh, and I'm sorry that you already had to meet him like this. I bet you know now, why I'm in Brazil for almost the whole year." I had to chuckle and yes, I did understand. Nathan's father was just as I thought he would be, but I was surprised that the rest of his family was quite nice.