Chapter 10

Wednesday morning. I thought about not going to school and just staying in my room with the excuse that I didn't feel well, but then I decided not to do that because it was only the third day of school in Blackwell for me and I hoped that things would get better. I stood up quickly, because otherwise I wouldn't have gotten out of the bed at all, went to the bathroom, brushed my teeth and then I rushed back to my room to get dressed. I didn't have any stylish or fancy clothes at all and that was why I put on a simple shirt and jeans. When I finished, I checked my schedule and took my bag with pen and paper, and my phone and went outside.

I never ate before school, I would have had enough time though, but I was never hungry in the morning. It was 9:45, so I still had 15 minutes to get to the classroom. My first period this day was 'Language of Photography' with a teacher called Mark Jefferson. I already knew where I had to go, so it didn't take a long time to find the room. Some people were already there, like a girl with bright purple hair who looked like she didn't care about anybody or anything. I've already seen her on campus a few times, but I never talked to her. There were also some other people, but they all just acted like typical teens. Then I saw that Max was there too. She was sitting at a table in the back of the room, talking to Kate. I didn't want to bother them, so I waved at her and sat down at a table in the last corner of the classroom to watch the people.

I checked the time, I still had seven minutes before the class started. I thought about what I could do in these seven minutes when I saw Nathan entering the room. He looked around and walked towards me as soon as he saw me. Some people were following his steps with their eyes but as soon as Nathan turned around to them, they acted like they didn't stare at him or anything. Were they afraid of of him? He sat down right beside me and put his stuff on the table. "Thanks again for yesterday." I said, already knowing that Max was staring at us. She warned me about Nathan, but I still didn't undersand why. "Did you sleep well?" He asked calmly. "Yes, I think so. And you?" I answered. "Well, I didn't forget the... um... you know." He stumbled. I was happy that he was thinking about the kiss. "Yeah, me n... me neither." I said, followed by awkward silence. I looked around again, there were more people in this room than when I came in earlier and I noticed that Victoria and one of her slaves were there too. "Oh, no." I sighed quietly. "What... oh." Nathan said when he saw her too. And she also saw us, but she just gave me an evil look and turned around again. Then the teacher came in and the class started.

"Hello, everyone. I'm Mr. Jefferson." He said. "Some of you might have read about me in the newspaper or in magazines already, but I'm not a model photographer here, I am just your teacher." I remembered that I saw him the day before, when I came back with Nathan. He was the teacher that Victoria was talking to. I didn't know what was going on between them but I thought that it was more than just the regular teacher- student- thing. I've seen a map of the school, hanging near the front door of the building, so I've seen where his office was and it was a lot bigger than the principal's office, so that guy must have been an important person. However, he told us about photography, of course, and about famous artists and models he has worked with. Some of the students commented every name he said with "Uh" or "Wow", but honestly I have never heard about most of them, so I was quiet the whole time and I actually didn't care either.

At some point, Nathan nudged me under the table, so I got a bit closer to him, so that we were able to talk without Mr. Jefferson noticing. "That's so fucking boring." Nathan whispered. "I know." I answered. "Wanna do something in the lunch break?" He asked and I nodded. "Okay, then we'll meet in front of the school at 11:55. Any ideas what we could do?" "Well..." I started. "Would you give me some advice on being a good photographer?" "Sure. Sounds good." Nathan said and after our plan was set, the bell rang and class was over.