Chapter 27

I was sorry that Nathan interrupted me and Max and I was also a bit mad at him for doing that. He was still grabbing my hand very tightly and it hurt, so I pulled away after a while and stopped walking. Nathan turned around and looked at me in confusion. He stared at me and I stared at him. "Come with me." He said strongly, but I didn't respond. "Please." He added after a while, silently. "We need to talk." I told him and this time, I dragged him straight into my room. "I was talking to Max." I said angrily as I closed the door behind us. "Whatever. I wanted to talk to you, so I pulled you away." Nathan responded, sitting down on my bed and I shook my head, putting my laptop on my bed next to him. "No, Nathan. I was talking to Max and you were just impolite." I noticed that my voice became louder and louder. Nathan stayed quiet. "Okay, listen..." I said calmly because I didn't like to be loud. "I know what you two talked about yesterday, and I don't think it was okay what Max said either, but... she said she was sorry and she know that she fucked up, okay?" Nathan still didn't say anything, he just looked at me, following me walking back and forth with his eyes. "I don't want you to be friends or something." Nathan scoffed as I said that. "But... could you please not always kill each other?" He sighed and gestured me to hold his hand and after a while of looking at each other, I took his it, letting Nathan pull me towards him, so that I sat on his lap now, my arms wrepped around his neck and his arms around my waist to protect me from falling. 

He looked deep into my eyes and then he put his forehead against mine. "You're right." He whispered. "I don't want to fight, but..." Nathan suddenly stopped and I put my finger on his lips. "Don't say anything." I said and kissed him. His warm and soft lips meeting mine again. It felt like we haven't kissed in days... or weeks. I pulled away slowly and looked into Nathan's beautiful blue eyes again. This kind of talk surely wasn't something I was good at, so I thought that a kiss might say more than any words. And I was right. It probably wasn't something that Nathan was good at either, because he quickly pointed towards my laptop.

"What were you doing earlier?", he asked. "I wrote something." Nathan looked at me in a curious way. "I want to help other people. People who had gone through the same shit as me. So I wrote down everything that people said or did to me." I explained. "Can I see it?" I got off his lap and sat down next to him, giving him my laptop. I watched Nathan reading it, his lips were moving slightly and his facial expression got shocked.

"Damn." Nathan said when he finished. "That's... hard. That bastard really hit you?" I nodded. "I still remember the pain. On the inside and on the outside." I told him. Nathan was speechless, he had no idea what to say. I slightly touched the spot on my cheek, looking down so that I didn't have to look at Nathan. I could still remember everything like it was yesterday. Tears filled my eyes when Nathan pulled my hand away so that he could caress my cheek himself. Then his hand went to my chin and he lifted my head to look in my eyes, his thumb moved over my lips slightly and he pulled my face closer until he finally put his lips on mine. His hand was going through my hair, the other one still on my chin. Then he pulled away and whispered in my ear "You're perfect the way you are. You're strong and brave and I love you."

After I calmed down, I checked the time to see that there was still some left. "Oh, um... could you help me? I have a biology test today." Nathan said and I remembered that I promised to help him learning. "Sure. What topic?" "The nervous system...?" It sounded more like a question, he probably didn't know much about it, but I did. "Okay. Let's start with the basics. It's a complex collection of nerves and specialized cells that transmit signals between different parts of the body." Nathan nodded. "It has two components: the central nervous system and the peripheral nervous system. You with me so far?" "Yes." So I explained everything, answered his questions as good as possible and tried to give him as much information as possible and to make that easy to understand. Then I checked the time again and saw that class would begin in 5 minutes, so we grabbed our school things and left the dormitories, running to school for the last time this week.