Chapter 20

"Overslept?", Nathan asked and I sighed, laughing. "No, just wanted to have a dramatic moment for once." "Still don't get enough drama? How often should we go out again?" He joked but before I could answer, the bell rang and the teacher came in. She was a rather young lady compared to some of the other teachers, I guessed that she was between 25 or 30 years old. "Okay, calm, please." She started. "I'm Ms. Jones, your teacher in Media Literacy, but...What is Media Literacy exactly? Well, it's basically the ability to access, analyze, evaluate, create, and act using all forms of communication. Might sound boring right now, but trust me, we'll have lots of fun." She laughed but just a few moments later, awkward silence was spreading and that made me feel kinda uncomfortable.

So the teacher started to tell us something about communication in general and then she dropped some examples. I could see that Nathan basically didn't give a fuck about what she said and at one point, he even put his feet on the table and took at his phone. I didn't like that, it just wasn't respectful at all and it also made our teacher kinda insecure, but she didn't say anything which I wondered about but then I remembered what Max told me on Sunday. "His family owns Blackwell so he can basically do everything here without getting in any trouble." I really didn't understand him and why he did that, so I tried to concentrate on class, but sometimes Nathan really distracted me, so that I wasn't listening to Ms. Jones anymore. After 55 minutes, the bell rang I got out of the room as quick as possible. I didn't want to talk to Nathan after his weird behavior.

My next lesson was in the media lab and when I got there and sat down at one table, I looked at my phone. I got a message from Max just one minute ago.

'Wtf was that?'

'Don't know. Will talk 2 him later.' I answered.

But then class already started. Our teacher told us something about programming, but I actually wasn't interested in that, I actully used PCs to play games, which was a big hobby of mine, or to write stories. After another 55 minutes period, it was time for lunch, but before I made my way to the cantine, I looked at my phone again and noticed that my whole screen showed unseen messages from Nathan.

'Babe, what's your problem'

'Serious, why the fuck you ran away'

'Answered me!'

'Please'

'Meet @ picnic tables?'

'Hello?'

Okay, the fact that he had no idea what he did wrong confused me, but I actually didn't want to argue with him, so I quickly texted him back.

'Gotta talk. On my way'

I went outside to see an upset Nathan looking at me from across the campus, so I walked towards him and sat down at the table right next to him. Normally, I would have been to shy to say anything but this time, I decided to ask Nathan what that all was for. "Listen..." I started. "I don't mean to sound rude, but..." He looked at me in a curious but also upset and angry kinda way. "What was that all for?" "Class was fucking boring." Nathan answered. "But was that really necessary?" I asked. "You could've just talked to me or something."

I saw that he didn't like what I just said, but it was the truth. Nathan groaned. "Yeah, whatever." Okay, that reaction really pissed me off. "Okay then, we don't have to talk, if you don't want to. It's fine.  I'll just go and we'll talk later." I stood up since I wanted to go, but Nathan grabbed my hand and pulled me back down. "Wait!" He said. "I didn't mean that I don't wanna talk to you, it's just... ugh, shit... But I mean that I didn't want to bother you. You seemed to be interested in whatever that woman was saying."

"Nathan, I'm sorry. I didn't want to control you or anything, I just... didn't know why you did that." I said and saw him smiling slightly. "Shit, you don't have to be sorry. I'm sorry. Really. I know that this wasn't the best behavior, but... I don't know. I'll try not to do that anymore. Not as long as you're in the same class anyways." He joked, but I raised an eyebrow and looked at him in a suspicious way that made him feel kinda guilty. "Fine. Also if you're not in my class." "Well, there you go." I laughed and turned around on the bench to face him completely. "This might also help to improve your grades. You know, listening to the teacher usually does that."

Nathan got closer to me and then he kissed me, but I pulled away rather quickly. "Um... not like I don't like it, but... I thought you don't want people to know." I said and he nodded. "Yeah, I don't give a fuck about people here. Not anymore anyways." He told me and kissed me again, but this time, I didn't pull away. I really enjoyed it and it was perfect, but at some point we had to stop, just to breath. When he pulled his lips away, I heard him whispering: "Fuck, you're amazing!"