Chapter 4

"Wowser." Max said. "I don't know what you do but you seem to have a talent for talking to the worst people on campus." I sighed. "Who was that?" "Victoria Chase. She's very... I don't know what would describe her best." Max said and Warren quickly found answers. "Bossy? Bitchy?" I was really familiar to that kind of people. People that liked to make fun of somebody and laugh at them. Those people mostly had their own problems but I hated them anyways. Max nodded confirmative but then she looked around and whispered "You know that Prescott is standing there watching you the whole time?" The expression on her face made me feel more than uncomfortable. She grinned in a dirty way. "Oh, good lord." I sighed. "I bet he won't come over as long as we're still sitting here." Warren smirked which made me blush. I knew that they didn't like him but it seemed like they found it kinda funny nontheless. Well, I did not. Max and Warren grinned at each other and nodded. "See you later." They said in unisonand went away.

As soon as they were far enough away, I saw Nathan coming towards me. This was surely not a boring lunch break. I had no idea if he maybe just wanted to walk past me so I didn't do anything but I was fucking nervous anyways. He came closer and closer to my table and stopped as soon as he was near enough so that we could talk without someone interrupting. Of course he wanted to talk to me now. I sighed.

"Hey... so... um... I..." He stuttered. He was probably just as nervous as I was, for whatever reason. "S... Since we didn't come to th.. the names-part thanks to um... I... I'm Nathan." "I'm (y/n) nice to... meet you, I guess." "So... how long have you been in this shithole already?" Nathan asked. "For about one week." I said. "So, I actually don't know this place much." "Oh, okay... Do you... maybe want me to... show you the town a bit? I mean if... if you have time. I mean you don't have to... I mean..." "Yeah, sure. Thanks." I interrupted him and he sighed in relief. "Oh, well then... do you have time today or maybe next week or so?" Nathan asked, trembling a bit. "Well, I have time today if you want." I said trying to calm him down a bit. He nodded and told me that we would meet in the parking lot after school. The lunch break was almost over so I went to the room in which my next class was- Algebra. Yay. And then it was time for the last class of today, which was World History.

The classes here were way better than in my old school so it was actually fun to learn but the feeling when the final bell rang was still the best. In a few moments I would meet Nathan and he would show me around. I was fucking  nervous. As soon as I got out of the school, I was heading towards my dorm to put my bag in my room and then I got straight to the parking lot where Nathan was already waiting next to a red SUV with the licence plate SXFTNDR. When I came closer to him, he wanted to hug me but it was actually a bit awkward because we both didn't know what we were actually doing. I got in the car and we were driving for a while when I asked him what we were going to do. "I want to show you around..." He started. "So I wanted to start with the Two Whales Diner. It's like the place with the best food around, so I thought that you might wanna see it. Plus, I'm hungry." I had to giggle silently but I was also a bit hungry. When we arrived in the diner, it smelled like coffee and bacon. Nathan and I sat down at a table in the very last corner because it was a bit more quiet there. "So..." Nathan started. "Tell me something about yourself."