Chapter 8

We didn't say anything for quite a long time when Nathan suddenly broke the silence. "You're right." "Huh?" I was a bit confused. "It sucks." He said. "Nobody should be insulted or treated like this for no reason. Nobody deserves that." I couldn't say anything. He was the first person who really understood me, who cared about me. I sighed. "There will always be people who have fun doing that." I noticed that Nathan wasn't looking at the sunset anymore, he was looking at me now, which made me blush extremely hard, but I turned around and looked right into his eyes.

"Thank you." I said. "For caring. It feels like you actually worry about me. I didn't really know how this was like." Nathan was just looking into my eyes, being quiet for a while. "You know, I've... I've been treated like shit too. My dad... he just cares about his reputation and the name of our family. He was never there for me when I... actually needed him. When I came to Blackwell, people heard my name and already judged without even thinking. And the others... everybody... used me because of my family and our name. They act like we were friends, but... I mean... as if I wouldn't get it... at least my sister thinks the same way about my father but still..." He finally told me. I didn't expected to hear that the boy Max has warned me about actually has been bullied, just like me.

"Stupid crap." I said, which made him laugh a bit. "I will talk to Victoria. I'll tell her to stop, okay?" I nodded, appreciating what he wanted to do for me. I've seen him talking to Victoria already and it seemed like they were friends so she would probably listen to him. "Can't promise that she will though." He added. "I'd be thankful if you tried. When she won't stop then..." I didn't know how to finish that sentence. "Then we will find a way to make her stop. I won't let her hurt you anymore. I was quite worried when you rushed into your room, you know?" I had to smile. It just felt so amazing to hear that from Nathan. That he worried. That he cared. I've really fallen for him.

Nathan grabbed my hand and squeezed it slightly. "Hey... um... can I... tell you... a secret?" He asked carefully. "Yes, of course." I answered. I could see that he was truly nervous. He tried to tell me three times but he didn't really make it. "It's okay. You don't have to tell me, if you don't feel comfortable with it." I tried to calm him down. "Okay, um... can I maybe... show you?" He asked and I nodded. "Close your eyes." He told me and so I did. So many thoughts were in my head, I didn't know what would happen next when Nathan suddenly put his lips on mine.

The first kiss of my life. It totally felt like a scene from one of these cheesy romantic movies that I hated to watch, but either way, it felt so damn good. I felt the his warmth, his hand still squeezing mine and his face so close to mine. The sunset in the backround made it feel even more like we were in a movie and the fact that he really liked me made me blush, but my eyes were still shut and so were his so I didn't care about that. After some time has passed, he took his lips away from mine and looked so deep into my eyes that I thought he was gonna look right into my soul. 

"I think I'm in love with you."