Chapter 16

'Blow off some steam.' I really hoped that Nathan didn't get me wrong. I exactly knew that feeling when you just want to smash everything around you and I also knew what could help. At least what helped me and it was in my room, so that was were I took him.

When we stood in front of the door, Nathan raised an eyebrow at me, but I could see that he was curious too. I opened the door and took a step inside my room, but Nathan just stood outside, probably not knowing whether to enter or not. "Come in." I told him and he did, closing the door behind him. "And... what do we do here?" He asked a bit shyly and I opened a drawer of my dresser, took something out of it and turned around, hiding what was in my hands.

"You still wanna smash something?" I asked him. "That feeling doesn't just dissapear..." "Okay then." I said, showing Nathan what I was hiding. Two boxing gloves and kind of a kicking pad to box on. Nathan looked confused but smiled slightly anyways. "Okay... I didn't expect that to come" He said slowly but also a bit grinning. "And that's supposed to help?" "Yeah, pretty much. Trust me, you'll feel better afterwards." I told him and he nodded and after that, he put on the gloves while I laced up the pad around my arm. When I needed that, I had nobody to hold that pad, so I actually needed to get creative and most of the time, it was one very big stuffed animal that had to hold it.

"Are you sure?" Nathan asked and I nodded. "I mean... I don't wanna hurt you." "Oh, C'mon. You can't hurt me. That pad to so thick that it won't hurt, even if you tried. Just start punching. You'll feel a lot better." I told him. Of course you felt the punch, but it wasn't enough for someone to feel pain afterwards. "Okay, um... thanks." Nathan said and then he started punching.

I saw that he let go of his anger more and more. It was really relaxing actually and a good alternative to breaking things. "You're right." Nathan said and I heard that it really did help him relax for a while. "That really helps." He punched again and again and also groaned a bit sometimes. "Fuck everybody." He said as he boxed so hard that I almost fell. "That was good." I commented and he sighed laughing. "Just let it all out. Cursing helps too." "Okay." Nathan said and started punching harder and harder and with every punch, he insulted mostly his dad but also some other people with different words each time. I really had no idea that some many curse word existed.

After a while, Nathan didn't want to box anymore, so he took off the gloves, gave them to me and I put them in the drawer again, toghether with the pad. "Cool room, by the way." Nathan said as he looked around a bit. My room was actually not that special, the wall was painted white, like in every other room too, but I hung up some photos of me and my little sister, some family photos, shots of our dog and other cute animals. I also had a grey couch standing in one corner and my bed with dark purple sheets in the other one. And then I had other typical stuff on my room, like a desk with my laptop on it, my dresser and another shelf.

"Thanks." I said a bit more quiet. "I hope you feel better now, but... are you hungry now too?" "Yeah, fucking hungry, actually." Nathan laughed. "We can go out, if you want, but I'd like to shower first." I nodded. "Yeah, me too." "Okay, so... In 40 minutes in the parking lot?" Nathan asked. "Sure." I said and opened the door for him, but before he got out, he turned around again and pulled me in for a kiss. "Thank you again. I really needed that." And with that, he left and I went to the shower room.