Chapter 28

When I reached the classroom, only one minute before school started, I took out my phone to text Nathan.

'Good luck, babe'

I immediately got an answer.

'Thanks, Gorgeous'

When the bell after the second class rang, it was now lunch break, I knew that I had to take Nathan to the picnic tables. I checked my phone but I didn't get any messages, so I decided to walk outside to see where he was, but he crossed my way earlier. "Hey, baby." He said. "Wanna eat something?" "I, um... can we go outside?" I asked and Nathan looked kinda worried. "Are you okay?" I nodded. "Yeah, I just... wanna get some fresh air." That actually wasn't even a lie, just... not the whole truth. Nathan grabbed my hand and we got outside and sat down at one of the picnic tables. I was waiting for Max, checking my phone over and over again. Nathan noticed that I was nervous. "Baby, is everything okay?" "Um, actually..." I couldn't say anything anymore, I saw Max walking towards us. 'Here we go' I stood up and gestured Max to sit down, grabbing Nathan's hand, because he stood up to go away.

"Please, Nathan." I said. "Sit down." He sighed but did what I asked him to. "Thank you." "So what the hell do you want?" He asked Max. "Listen, I don't wanna do this either, but... I'm doing it... for (y/n)." She said and Nathan squeezed my hand under the table. "I know that what I said was wrong. And... I'm sorry. I just don't want anything to happen to (y/n)." "Oh and you think I want that?" Nathan asked with rage in his voice. "No, I don't. I saw how happy she is with you. And I just don't want her being hurt. She's my friend and I care about her. And I know that bringing up, um... other people... wasn't the right thing to do, so I'm sorry." Max really tried and I was thankful. The only problem now was Nathan, who needed to put his pride on the shelf, but I couldn't force him, so I just hoped.

"Don't think that we are something like friends now." Nathan started. "But... ugh shit... just don't do it again and we're okay. For (y/n)." I sighed in relief and Max nodded. I knew that Nathan was stubborn, which probably didn't make it easy for him to accept Max's excuse, but I was glad that he did. I stroked his tight and smiled at him, nodding slightly. Then I looked at Max who was staring at us and smiled. Then she looked around and probably saw Warren or somebody else because she then stood up and left us alone.

"Thank you, Nate." I whispered and he smirked. "Oh, by the way how was you biology test?" "I think it went well. We'll see. The teacher said that she'd mail us the grade this afternoon." I had to chuckle. "Teachers don't have hobbies, do they?" At this point, Nathan chuckled too. "Probably not. Oh, and... before I forget, do you want to enter a picture for the contest?" "Um, I don't know yet. I'll see if I get good shots." I answered and Nathan nodded and then we both stayed quiet for a while until I broke the silence. "So... tonight in my room or yours? Or do you wanna go to the football match?" "Hell, no." Well, that was a quick response. "I'd rather spend my time with you. We could watch a movie in my room." "Yes, sounds great." I said and afterwards, we talked about this and that until lunch break was over and we had our next class, photography, together.

Mr. Jefferson gave us examples of what photos we could turn in and then we studied 'Chiaroscuro' "It refers to the use of light and dark to create the illusion of three-dimensional volume on a flat surface. The term translates to 'light-dark', chiaro meaning bright or clear and scuro meaning dark or obscure." Mr. Jefferson told us and showed us some shots he took himself. This man really had done almost everything that had to do with photography, he has worked with every model already and he has taken shots with almost every technique that existed. It was really cool having him as a teacher, although Victoria was probably more happy than anybody else about him since they had this weird relationship going on, at least that was what I thought.

The last lesson of that day was music, which was relaxing, because I loved singing and music in general. We didn't just talk about lame classical music (it wasn't always lame though), but we've talked about popular artists and songs and their meanings which I found way more interesting.

So this was the first week of school at Blackwell for me and it was hella cool. Nathan texted me that he wanted to meet me in the parking lot, so I headed there to see him standing at his truck and waiting for me to come over. Then we got in and he drove first to a bakery where he bought sandwiches for us and then we went to a park where we got out of the truck and sat down on a bench to eat.

 While we ate, we watched people passing by and talked. When I finished eating, I saw a man talking to a huge dog that was lying on the gras and seemed to be hurt. The man looked upset and said things like "Please get up." or "Oh, no. I'll bring you to the vet." Then the man lifted that heavy dog and carried him around and I thought that this was a pretty good idea for the contest, so I took my camera which was in my bag and took a shot of the man and the dog. I checked if the light was right and everything and I was really happy with the picture. When Nathan looked at it, he told me that this was a perfect shot and that I could enter that photo and I was happy. But then I looked after the man with the dog again, I saw that he was crying, kneeling on the floor so I took my bag and ran up to him and Nathan followed me.