Chapter 17

When I finished showering and wanted to get back to my room, I met Victoria in the hallway but this time, she was alone. I wanted to pass her quickly and then go to my room, but she had other plans. "Hey, wait." She shouted after me and I stopped, I didn't even know why. "What?" I asked, probably sounding rude and impolite. "I want to make sure, you got the note from me." She told me and I remembered what she meant. 'Oh, shit.' "Yeah, I got it." I said. "So why did Nathan tell me to stop? You weren't supposed to keep messing around, which, in case you didn't know includes telling anybody." "Thanks, I already thought so. Don't care though." I said angrily. Now I was the one who needed the boxing set. "But it was easy to notice you being a bitch to me. I mean, it was right on campus and Nathan just was like three meters away." "Whatever. Listen, I don't like you and your 'I had a shitty childhood'- crap. Plus, I saw Nathan entering your room and kissing you when he came out. You're such a bitch." Victoria said and I answered with a simple "You're probably right." which didn't make her look happy at all. "Okay, listen. I'll never talk to you or 'mess with you' again when you leave me alone too. We don't know each other, okay?" I suggested. "Ugh... okay." With that words, Victoria disappeared into the bathroom. 'Finally' I thought and went to my room.

I looked at my phone to check how much time was still left as I saw that I got a message. From an unknown number.

'Hey, sorry ab. Vic. Don't know her problem w. you. She's actually not like that.'

I gussed that this was from one of the girls, Victoria was always with, yet I didn't know her name or which of the girls she was.

'Um.... thanks?'

'Oh, btw I'm Courtney.'

Okay, that actually didn't help me a lot and I kept wondering where she got my number from, but I didn't have enough time left to text her again, so I rushed to the parking lot.

"Finally!" Nathan said as he saw me, his hair still a bit wet, but that actually looked cute on him. "You definetly took your time. I've just had like... three birthday parties in the meantime." I had to laugh although such comments usually pissed me off. "Then you're way older now. What are you still doing here?" I joked and he answered with "Waiting for you to get done." Then he pointed towards the car, so we both got in but this time we weren't silent for the whole time. "I'm not very creative, so... Two Whales?" Nathan asked. "Sure." I said. "But... I thought you actually have to be creativ when taking pictures, no?" He had to laugh at my question. Seeing him laughing and not just being the casual moody guy made me truly happy.

In the parking lot of the diner were just four or five other cars, so I guessed that there weren't many other people but I particularly noticed one vehicle, an old, dirty truck that seemed to quit service as soon as somebody will get in, but it did have some style. However, we got off Nathan's truck and went inside the diner.

As I expected, there weren't many people there, but as I looked around, I saw Max sitting on one table together with a blue-haired girl, wearing punk clothes and a beanie. I saw that Nathan looked at the two girls and he quickly headed into the completely other direction afterwards. It confused me for a short moment but I decided against thinking about it for any longer. We sat down at one table and ordered something to eat.

While we were waiting for the food, we talked a bit but when we had nothing to talk about anymore, we just sat there, looking around and I was lost in my toughts. But after a while, Nathan broke the silence. "Oh, um... Did you get a text from somebody?" "Yes, I did. From... I think her name is... Courtney?" I told him. "Yes, right. She asked me to give her your number. She told me that it wasn't okay what Victoria did and she feels kinda... sorry now?" Nathan explained and I nodded. "She told me that she was sorry about what happened. Oh,and I've also talked to Victoria again. We agreed to ignore each other from now on." Nathan sighed in relief and smiled slightly. I knew that Victoria was his friend, so I didn't want him to have to chose between us.

Then the friendly woman who worked there brought us our food and after we finished, Nathan told me that he had to use the bathroom before we left, so he went to the toilets and the woman came back. "So, was everything okay?" She asked and I nodded. "It was very good, thanks." That made her actually happy. "You're here with that Prescott boy, aren't you?" The woman wanted to know. So everybody knows everybody in this town. "Yes, he's actually pretty nice." I told her and she had to laugh. "Well." She said. "Then you must have some sort of superpowers. I don't know much about him, but I've never seen him happy or something like that." Okay, she was the second person to tell me that I've got superpowers, why was everyone so keen on superpowers? I had no idea. "Oh, by the way, I'm Joyce. You seem like a nice girl. I have a daughter your age. You might like her, she's right there." Joyce pointed towards the girl with the blue hair and I nodded, smiling. Then Nathan came back and Joyce placed the bill on the table and left. I saw Nathan pulling out his wallet, but I quickly grabbed his hand. "No, not this time." I smiled. "It's my turn." And with that, I payed and we got back out.